New SWIFT™ AI TRANSMITTER and New Firmware Release

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now I have no reason to not buy a Shearwater, just when I had decided on a Garmin Mk2 Ai. Now all I want is a Nerd 2 mount for my mask and I will get 2 Shearwater computers!

This is very timely. Yesterday, I went diving with two buddies that both had two gray transmitters, on top of mine. When we were all near other, we would start dropping connections. Since I plan to move towards side mount, I was going to get another transmitter, this sounds to be a much better option.

Can we please get the splash screen change option in the mobile app
Noted, I'll log the request in. We can't promise timelines or even implementation, but we do take them into consideration. Thanks for taking the time to let us know.

Yep. That must have been it. Left the app open for a while and tried again. This time v84 was available.

I’m liking the configurable Mini displays. Previously, there was a fixed AI Mini display, but I didn’t care for it. I like the gas pressure to be full size when using in AI mode so it’s easy to spot, and the AI Mini was just too cluttered.

I set the Mini to show TTS, GTR, and SurfGF. I think I’ll like this better. Also, since I turn off AI when I’m using the aquarium’s regs, it was nice to see that it shuts down the GTR display automatically in that Mini display.

Obviously haven’t dove with this setup yet, but I think it gives me all the info I’m looking for without the tank pressure getting lost on the display.

I also really like the new Mini display.

For me, I have my NERD2 where it shows 2 O2 sensors from my rEvo and now I have the 3rd spot on the center row set to a Mini that shows me the tank pressures from my Dil and O2, and my SurfGF. I always get to my last deco stop and then watch my SurfGF until it's where I want it before doing the final ascent to the surface. Having those 3 pieces of data in that spot is going to be really nice. Before, i just had the 3rd spot showing SurfGF. Then I would always have to hit a button to scroll over to check tank pressures. They aren't something I need to check often, or expect to change much. But, I like being able to see them any time, without pressing a button. Now I can leave the bottom row showing the compass and still see everything else that I normally monitor, all at the same time.

There are some in this thread who are not excited about the SWIFT. I like the technology, but also am not excited about using the technology. But what I DO like, a lot, is having four transmitter IDs that I can store. Now when I shift from Rec single-tank backmount to two-tank sidemount, I do not have to keep inputting transmitter numbers. I can put in all three transmitters plus my back-up spare transmitter, into the Teric once, and just pick what I'm using at the time...kind of like a list of gases and turning them on and off.

There are some in this thread who are not excited about the SWIFT. I like the technology, but also am not excited about using the technology. But what I DO like, a lot, is having four transmitter IDs that I can store. Now when I shift from Rec single-tank backmount to two-tank sidemount, I do not have to keep inputting transmitter numbers. I can put in all three transmitters plus my back-up spare transmitter, into the Teric once, and just pick what I'm using at the time...kind of like a list of gases and turning them on and off.

I might be doing something similar. Instead of moving T1 from my SM primary reg to my rec reg set. I can instead move T4 from a lesser used stage reg, and only have to move it back in forth if I do a rare double stage dive very close to a rec dive.

I agree. 100%. Being able to store 4 transmitter IDs will be handy. I have one on my single tank reg set, one one my doubles reg set, and 2 on my CCR. And I use my Terics with all 3 of those. Yay for being able to enter all my transmitters just one time and leaving them there!

The Swift tech is cool. If it was the same price as the older transmitters, and if it was as easy to change the battery, it would be a no-brainer.

On the DGX Swift page they have this:
"Effective July 2021, Shearwater has announced a new wireless transmitter named the SWIFT that will replace their previous generation Pelagic OEM transmitter." So sounds like the Shearwater branded PPS transmitter is going away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom