New SWIFT™ AI TRANSMITTER and New Firmware Release

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did the v19 upgrade for my Teric yesterday and the screen keeps shutting off after a minute or so. Any ideas?

Question; I know it's recommended to have different colored transmitters so they don't bump heads. Most if not all people seem to get by just fine without this actually happening. Does anyone have any idea if this will also be the case with multiple older transmitters?

If you had 2 grey and 2 yellow it should be the same odds of them "bumping heads" as before.... correct?

Tbh, I don't know why I'm asking. I only have one transmitter, not sure if I really need another, lol.

Also; I saw someone mention they lost the customizable splash screen. Can anyone confirm this?

Cheers....

I'm not stepping up to re-living my Statistics class this morning, so I'm not giving exact numbers. But, the odds of 4 of the old ones interfering with each other is significantly higher than the odds of 2 old ones interfering with each other. I'm not saying the odds are high, regardless. The odds seem pretty darn low for 2 to interfere. Mine never have that I could tell. But, with 4, the odds ARE higher.

Imagine that they all transmit every 5 seconds. Now imagine that when each one transmits, it takes 1 full second to send its message.

With 2 transmitters, one of them would be transmitting 20% of the time (1 second out of every 5). So, the 2nd transmitter would have an 80% chance of transmitting without interference. But, if you have 3 that are not interfering with each other, than that means 3 seconds out of every 5 are "in use". So, the 4th transmitter only has a 40% chance of transmitting without interference.

I am sure the transmission length is way under 1 second, so the odds are much better than my example. It was just an example to illustrate the issue of adding more transmitters.

Did the v19 upgrade for my Teric yesterday and the screen keeps shutting off after a minute or so. Any ideas?

There are new settings for the timeouts for post-dive returning to watch mode, or going straight to off.

I would start with the Release Notes that explain the new Power Management options.

I’ve successfully upgraded both my Perdix AI & Peregrine to V84. My Perdix failed the first time but successfully upgraded on the 2nd attempt. My Peregrine was successful the first time.

I dive both in 3 mix Nitrox mode, not tech mode. I was able to configure two customized mini 3-item displays on the bottom row of each computer. I like it!

I have the same display on the far right of each computer’s bottom row:
SurfGF
Rate … looking forward to trying that one
Temperature

On my Perdix AI my middle spot has:
T1 pressure
SAC
GTR

On my Peregrine my middle spot has:
Max Depth
Average Depth
Clock

Looking forward to trying out the new display layout.

Also; I saw someone mention they lost the customizable splash screen. Can anyone confirm this?

Cheers....

That was me. It's been a while since I upgraded firmware, so... trying to recall
Lost my splash screen on upgrade via mobile app, I remember that is normal. Have to reload the image. Don't see a place to do that on mobile. BUT I'm pretty sure now that you have to do that from the desktop Shearwater Cloud app. Shearwater's response to my question was to reload the splash screen. Can't verify because I'm on a dive trip without a BT capable laptop, but I'm pretty sure that's the resolution.

@Shearwater , add that to the wish list... Being able to upgrade firmware without losing/ having to reload the custom splash screen.

That was me. It's been a while since I upgraded firmware, so... trying to recall
Lost my splash screen on upgrade via mobile app, I remember that is normal. Have to reload the image. Don't see a place to do that on mobile. BUT I'm pretty sure now that you have to do that from the desktop Shearwater Cloud app. Shearwater's response to my question was to reload the splash screen. Can't verify because I'm on a dive trip without a BT capable laptop, but I'm pretty sure that's the resolution.

@Shearwater , add that to the wish list... Being able to upgrade firmware without losing/ having to reload the custom splash screen.

I just got my NERD2 back from getting a new pressure sensor. They updated the firmware and my custom splash screen was gone when I got it back. I updated to the newest firmware yesterday. I tried to reload my custom splash from the mobile app and it did not have an option for that. I used the Shearwater Cloud app for Windows from my laptop and reloaded it with no problems. The mobile app did have the option to set custom text. Just not to load an image.

I wonder if the new transmitter will be 02 compatible. Im pretty sure the old one stated not to use with high 02 mixes.
Mine's not blown up yet as it's connected to 100%.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom