New SWIFT™ AI TRANSMITTER and New Firmware Release

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not sure what you mean by your description above...
For annoying internal reasons, after a firmware update on the shearwater, subsurface will want to re-download all of your dives. Simply cancel the download after any truly be dives were downloaded. Once you have s new dive downloaded with the new firmware, this won't happen again.

I'm not sure I understand the comment about the dives being labeled #0

I'm not sure what you mean by your description above...
For annoying internal reasons, after a firmware update on the shearwater, subsurface will want to re-download all of your dives. Simply cancel the download after any truly be dives were downloaded. Once you have s new dive downloaded with the new firmware, this won't happen again.

I'm not sure I understand the comment about the dives being labeled #0

I wasn't sure where to stop, so when I did hit cancel all the dives that were repeats were labeled dive #0. They were in chronological order, so it would be #65, #0, #66, #0, #67, #0... etc for the duplicates. Not a big deal I just deleted them all.

@Shearwater - what is the interval on the current Yellow and Grey transmitters?

Great work BTW. Good to see an 'Ethernet’ type backoff protocol.
Hi Wibble,

The Yellow transmitter has an interval of 5.2 seconds and the grey interval is at 5 seconds.
Thanks for the kudos.

Hi Mark. Please keep in mind that the screen resolution of the Perdix AI is 320 x 240 pixels. Most cameras these days take images at a much higher resolution. Displaying a high resolution image in a Perdix screen requires resizing of the image. Before uploading your images to the Perdix you can try using an image editor to resize it to 320 x 240 to see if your choice of image has an acceptable appearance at the lower resolution of 320 x 240.

Yes, I made a custom image with that resolution with my basic contact details (white text on a black background). It was sharp and crisp after previous firmware updates but currently looks pixelated and even misaligned (what looks like a row of white pixels on the left and bottom).

I thought the yellow was 5.1 and the green was the 5.2 second interval?

I thought one (green?) was 4.8s and the other (yellow?) was 5.2...?

Does it really matter? :D (not to me!)

@Shearwater

Can you add configurable Mini displays for the Teric on the feature request list? It is hard to take advantage of the new four transmitters when I can't add it to the screen without removing information that I would like to be visible at a glance. I am fully ok with only having two slots on the Teric vs three on the larger screen computers.

Also it seems that the OC Tec and OC Rec modes are a little too interconnected now.

I turned sidemount mode on for OC Tec, when I go to OC Rec, it changed my display from T1 + GTR to the T1 & T2 from sidemount mode.

For those that have played with the new sidemount mode, what benefits have you found that it gives you?

Just GTR and gas switch reminders? Due to the little issue I've found I'm trying to decide if I want to turn it on or off. As I don't need gas switch reminders nor GTR for the type of dives that I do sidemount.

Indeed. I only meant a no-brainer if one were buying a new one today. I have 5 right now, with no reason to replace any of them. I bought my first one in 2014 and it still works just fine. The 5 I have now will probably last me until at least the Swift 2 comes out...
I'm holding out for the Swift AI. Oh wait....

Really liking this v84 firmware update for my Perdix AI. I agree with someone who posted earlier that I want an entire field dedicated to the pressure setting, and will use the other field for a mini. Also because I can't think of six settings I want or need on the main screen.

@Shearwater One feature request for the mini field. Not sure this is even possible with how your screens work, but it would be amazing if I only used two settings for a mini field, if it could scale the text size up to fit just those two and not just leave a blank setting.

Back
Top Bottom