New Swift / Perdix AI losing comms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

geoff w

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Long time Petrel 2, got a Perdix AI and Swift for Christmas. So diving both computers for the time being while I get the Perdix set up the way I want it. When I open my tank valve, the Swift indicator lights up green. Perdix set up with Swift serial number and syncs up. Swift is on a 6" miflex hose (with HP spool). When I descend, my Perdix reads tank pressure. Then it loses comms with the Swift. And when I ascend to the shallows (recreational dives < 50 ft), such as for safety stop, my Perdix gets tank pressure readings again. This has now happened on multiple dives. Only about 5-6 dives on both the Perdix AI and the Swift. Any ideas what the problem could be, if something obvious, or do I need to contact Shearwater and possibly send things in?

My Perdix has never done that but I use the original transmitter and not the Swift

Contact Shearwater, probably something wrong with the transmitter.

I have a well used Perdix AI and a new swift transmitter and have used them together on 4 dives of 52, 53, 131 & 150 minutes for 386 min total dive time. In that time it never lost the connection that I noticed. I would agree with @Manatee Diver to contact Shearwater. What you are experiencing is not normal.

I contacted Shearwater, was put in touch with Dive-Tronix in WA state, got an RMA, shipped my Swift transmitter to them last Friday, received a new replacement Swift in the mail today (Thursday). As always, Shearwater customer support is exceptional, as well as building absolutely wonderful dive gear.

Dive-Tronix said no way to tell what was wrong with my Swift, as they will just send it back to Shearwater and probably never learn what the problem was.

I contacted Shearwater, was put in touch with Dive-Tronix in WA state, got an RMA, shipped my Swift transmitter to them last Friday, received a new replacement Swift in the mail today (Thursday). As always, Shearwater customer support is exceptional, as well as building absolutely wonderful dive gear.

Dive-Tronix said no way to tell what was wrong with my Swift, as they will just send it back to Shearwater and probably never learn what the problem was.
I've been dealing with the same issue and finally reached out to Shearwater. They had me try a hard reset, which unfortunately didn't help. Dive-Tronix is replacing mine, as well. Great, fast customer service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom