new SILICONE drysuit seals by Waterproof

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There was a discussion of this product on The Deco Stop a week or so ago.
I haven't read every reply there but early discussions reported that there is no adhesive that will stick to them. They need to be used with cuff systems. Work is in progress though. Sounds to be a great product though.
One poster said he was able to stretch a wrist seal to fit neck. Might have been tight though.:shocked2:

yeah, it does say they work with most all ring mounting systems
... I have zip seals so am interested

( I have a visual of that ... the guy must have looked like one of those pics from national geo mag of the natives that stretch their necks with rings, LOL )

looks like it wont work with DUI's zip seals ...

wrist seal installation
[youtubehq]a0tFOEXLwgM[/youtubehq]

neck seal installation
[youtubehq]skBLDhz1rHM[/youtubehq]

We have them and have tested them in live diving. They are great. Just finishing our article on them for Scubagadget.com. Should be posted before 15 April 2010

Just installed Si Tech silicone seals on my O.S. drysuit. Works great! Waterproof brand seems to have had some problems with the neck seals. They must be mounted with a ring system, cannot be glued. Extremely comfortable. DUI is also coming out with a silicone zipseal. Should be available in June 2011.

I bought the Waterproof silicone seals about 10 days ago. On the second dive there were 3 pinholes beyond the seal. They didn't leak as far as I can tell but they were all the way through. Don't know how they got there. When I took the seals out to show the shop I bought them from, the part around the ring the creates a seal was nearly completly pinched into a rip.

I'm using the black ring on the Sitek perm dry ring system. I do not know if the silicone seal is too thick for that ring or not (it's the smallest ring I have). LDS replaced it free of charge and I"ll be taking the new ones out tomorrow (with a backup latex one just in case).

Hopefully it was just a fluke.

We had continued trouble from the waterproof brand neck seals only. Wrist worked fine. Waterproof neck seals did not seem to have a consistant thickness. So far no trouble from the Si Teck neck seals. Just be careful when you put the spanner ring in that the seal dont pinch. I also keep a latex backup.

Back
Top Bottom