New Seaskin Nova vs. used Santi E.motion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FluffyRabbit

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I’ve thinking about getting a drysuit to make my California diving more enjoyable and was debating between the multitude of Seaskin Nova options when a used Santi E.motion+BZ400 undergarments in my size showed up on a local scuba group. The seller has listed it for $2100, but that seems really expensive to me. At that price point, I could buy a brand new Seaskin Nova with all the options and still have about $500 left over, and I wouldn’t have to worry about the integrity of a used drysuit. What do you all think? Would there be noticeable differences in quality, and how much would be a reasonable offer?

The seaskin would be new and made to order. For the leftover $500 take the wife/girlfriend out for some nice dinners. Winner.

Surprised you are even asking...

Would there be noticeable differences in quality
They have different cut and fabrics.
500 gr/m2 for Nova, and combined 235 gr/m2 and 535 gr/m2 for E.Motion+
I wouldn't buy used drysuit of 235 gr/m2 fabric - it will not keep you dry for that long, as the butylene layer is thiner and is destroyed quicker - this is the cost of better flexibility.

Moreover, you have to estimate the condition of seals, zipper and boots on the used drysuit.

P.S. my dui tls350 with similar density ended up leaking as a colander))

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom