New Seas Spa resort in Anilao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Karl_H

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone had chance to check out the new Seas Spa resort yet? It seems to be open now but it doesn't look too busy.....

It would be good to know if they have any dive facilities there yes is it's a pretty good location for shore dives on Secret Bay and only a few minutes from the Mainit sites.

Any info would be appreciated, it could be a decent place to stay if the dive shop is right!

Thanks,

Karl

I have been there last month when it was still non operational. They will be putting up a dive facilities soon as the son of the owner is keen on it. Let me give them a call as one of dive buddy is friend of them.

Has anyone had chance to check out the new Seas Spa resort yet? It seems to be open now but it doesn't look too busy.....

It would be good to know if they have any dive facilities there yes is it's a pretty good location for shore dives on Secret Bay and only a few minutes from the Mainit sites.

Any info would be appreciated, it could be a decent place to stay if the dive shop is right!

Thanks,

Karl

I went past there last Saturday - the banner said opening 28 Oct, looked very quiet to me.
Looks like a big resort in terms of accomodation.

Phil + Andy,

Thanks for the feedback, I actually ended up staying there last weekend and would definitely recommend it as a resort for non-divers, sadly the dive-shop isn't yet set-up although they have a few resort owned bancas and can source a local guide and tanks.

The resort is on the higher-price side (4000 Php per night at weekends, 3000 on weekdays) for Anilao, however you get a large room with two queen beds all fully equipped with lcd tv, refrigerator and even a electronic bidet on the toilet :) This also includes the largest breakfast I have ever seen in a hotel so is actually quite good value as things stand.

There are two large saltwater pools, with slides, sadly these are not quite finished yet, but there are two natural spring hot pools in place already - the hot pools really come into their own after a full day of diving, particularly while the water is a little cold :)

Sadly the diving is a little overpriced, the starting rate for a two-dive boat trip is 2500 Php for local dives (i.e. Mainit Sites and Twin Rocks!!!), with 3000+ php for trips over further afield, or over to Sombrero and Tingloy. This did include sandwiches and water but is still pretty pricey, particularly if there are only one or two of you to the boat....

Dive guide prices were pretty much standard at 600 Php, however you also needed to buy the guide a tank with was quite high at 200 Php per tank - much more when the going rate for Nitrox is 500 Php per tank - and you need to buy your own and the guide so the rate with Nitrox becomes 1600 Php per dive (not including the boat!) including your tank.

The visibility around Mainit was near-zero last weekend so the easy option of a few local dives wasn't an option. The only other down-side is there wash-up area is not yet complete, luckily there are plenty of impromptu areas to wash-down your gear.

Putting the dive costs aside it's well worth a visit, particularly if you're staying with any non-divers. The resort is very nice, the food is good (although it's a little limited at present), the staff are very good, and when complete will be a certain bargain for 3000 or 4000 Php per room - although I have a feeling this may increase when the resort is up and running. Compared to other 'similar' resorts like Eagle Point or Solana (pre-renovation!) I'd rate Seas Spring higher on all scores.

Either way it's a place I'd recommend - I'd certainly stay there again, if only for the hot pools! I'd probably go to planet dive for the day-trip diving rates though, although with a bigger group the boat cost wouldn't be so bad - particularly if food is provided for everyone on the boat!

Cheers,

Karl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom