New ScubaPro Jet Fins hurt like hell!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrt6644

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi, Im new here and an amateur snorkeler so bear with me. I did run a search and couldn't find the answer.

I have a new pair of Scuba Pro Jet Fins in XL and while in Bermuda I tried them barefoot.
The top of my foot hurts like hell when doing anything except minor kicking.
Is the sizing wrong? My foot size is 10.5 to sometimes 11.

That fin is definitely not designed to be used barefoot. They are also not a good fin for snorkeling. For snorkeling I would recommend a long, more flexible, and lighter fin.

Definitely not a fin for barefoot use, ouch. You could get booties if they fit you that way, but if you're using the fins to snorkel while traveling I'd consider getting something different (and lighter.)

I wear a size 11 shoe and tried my Scubapro XL jetfins once in the pool with bare feet. Not a fun time! I wear Converse Chuck Taylor hi-tops with my XL jetfins and heavy boots or dry suit boots with my XXL jetfins. Chucks are great for jetfins, cost about $40 and are very stylish. :wink:

Barefoot would be a problem.

As they're supposed to be able to fit over combat boots on .mil operations, barefoot is prolly not a great idea.

Get booties or freediving neoprene socks.
Even with my 5mm booties, my Jet fins leave a red mark on the top of my feet.

And I still prefer stiff fins when snorkeling and freediving. Makes diving down easier IMO.

Yep, you would have done better with booties or even a pair of socks. I can't even wear slip-on fins without socks and wrapping my feet in duct tape. Those fins rub my feet raw, so even though I live in the caribbean, I wear booties and open heel fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom