DIR- Generic New Santi Avatar Drysuit ordered—full review to follow soon.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just says there that they have an agency cooperation with Santi, so calling it a Santi suit is probably a little bit of a stretch.
Then again it most likely means the suit itself will be well made, and at a great price too.

If you go to their FB page—they have videos of the Santi CEO explaining the brand. Like I’ve said in other threads, I equate it to BMW and MINI— BMW owns both but MINI is their cheaper brand for a different demographic. Also, I think they are trying to compete with DUI’s Yukon II and Cortez branded stock suits.

If you go to their FB page—they have videos of the Santi CEO explaining the brand. Like I’ve said in other threads, I equate it to BMW and MINI— BMW owns both but MINI is their cheaper brand for a different demographic. Also, I think they are trying to compete with DUI’s Yukon II and Cortez branded stock suits.
Don't really use facebook, so thanks for clearing up the confusion for me :)

I’ve been pondering what the relationship might be between Santi and SNT Marine, the maker of the Avatar brand suits. Could it be that Santi would like to offer a more economical suit, but their relationship with Halcyon somehow precludes them from undercutting the suits Halcyon wants to sell? So the workaround was for Santi to create a new company that would be free from the affiliation with Halcyon?

I am guessing it is allow Santi to have their premium line and then a more economical line of suits without "diluting" one brand.

I am guessing it is allow Santi to have their premium line and then a more economical line of suits without "diluting" one brand.

I suppose. But they wouldn’t necessarily have needed a separate company for that.

My guess is the suit is not being made in the same factory as their premium suits. Keeping it a separate company may have other business benefits.

I’d like to know that as well. DRIS will be talking with the folks from Avatar on Wednesday at 3 pm CST via Facebook to discuss the suit.

Sadly, the suit did not make it to my place on time—but it should be here Tuesday due to the holiday.

watched some of the FB Live DRIS Chat about the suit. It looks like a good "basic" suit. Seals are latex and non-user replaceable, which makes sense from a cost perspective. DRIS said they could add ring systems/boots to make those changes. To me, it looks like a good travel DS, first time drysuit or backup suit for the price point.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom