New reviews for Scubapro Bella?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darcey

Contributor
Reaction score
I may be beating a dead horse here but I've read through all of the topics regarding this BC and they're all old and I'd like some up to date thoughts from other ladies.

I am 99.9% sure I am going to buy a Scubapro Bella BCD here in the next few weeks. I start rescue diver here soon and plan on starting divemaster training after that so I really want and need to have my own BC that fits and doesn't kill me. I've researched and researched and tried on different women's BC's and I really think that this is the one for me. I know that there's a lot of jacket style BCD bashing around here on SB because they are thought to be issues when it comes to trim, streamlining, weighting, etc. Well, I have no problems with trim, streamlining or weighting with them and find them to be more comfortable for my body than back inflate or bp/w set ups.

Anyway, I'm about 5'7 and busty with a small wasit and big hips. Hourglass figure from hell. I had it narrowed down to either the Scubapro Ladyhawk and Bella and the Ladyhawk digs into my hips and feels just wrong. It's lacking in D-rings and pocket space too, which is a major thing for me. The Bella felt great and didn't dig into my hips and I feel like I have more freedom of movement in it. Granted, I haven't had the chance to try one out in the water and these are all just oberservations from trying them on at the dive shop.

Now my question for anyone who has or has had a Bella: how long have you had or did have your Bella and what are/were it's pros and cons? I also asked in a previous post about them in the BCD forum if there were knife gromets and didn't get an answer yet. I just can't remember if it did or not as it has been over a month since trying it on.

Thanks a million in advance ladies!

Hi, I tried a Bella on, bought it - went home and realized it was just too bulky.
Returned it for a Ladyhawk which is much more streamline.

Aside from the pocket issue - I love the LH. Good luck with the Bella.

I guess it's all personal preference. I like the Bella. I am small chested, but wide hipped. More pear shape.I find the bella less bulky. It molds into my curves. I also like the jacket inflate. I like how it hugs my body. I feel more secure I guess. ( I don't really know how to describe it). I just like to be enclosed in my gear and I get this comfort from the jacket style of the Bella. I think back inflate makes me feel tippy and less secure, and don't understand the big hooplah about it either. I think both styles have their pros and cons and it's up to each individual to decide. Personally I like jacket and I looooove the bella. :D

Whatever feels more comfortable on you though!

I may be beating a dead horse here but I've read through all of the topics regarding this BC and they're all old and I'd like some up to date thoughts from other ladies.

I am 99.9% sure I am going to buy a Scubapro Bella BCD here in the next few weeks. I start rescue diver here soon and plan on starting divemaster training after that so I really want and need to have my own BC that fits and doesn't kill me. I've researched and researched and tried on different women's BC's and I really think that this is the one for me. I know that there's a lot of jacket style BCD bashing around here on SB because they are thought to be issues when it comes to trim, streamlining, weighting, etc. Well, I have no problems with trim, streamlining or weighting with them and find them to be more comfortable for my body than back inflate or bp/w set ups.

Anyway, I'm about 5'7 and busty with a small wasit and big hips. Hourglass figure from hell. I had it narrowed down to either the Scubapro Ladyhawk and Bella and the Ladyhawk digs into my hips and feels just wrong. It's lacking in D-rings and pocket space too, which is a major thing for me. The Bella felt great and didn't dig into my hips and I feel like I have more freedom of movement in it. Granted, I haven't had the chance to try one out in the water and these are all just oberservations from trying them on at the dive shop.

Now my question for anyone who has or has had a Bella: how long have you had or did have your Bella and what are/were it's pros and cons? I also asked in a previous post about them in the BCD forum if there were knife gromets and didn't get an answer yet. I just can't remember if it did or not as it has been over a month since trying it on.

Thanks a million in advance ladies!

Where is a Divemaster needed in Moline, IL?

Back
Top Bottom