New Resort in Lembeh ? Lembeh Hills

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BellesMom

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, was browsing around in Facebook and noticed a new resort called Lembeh Hills. Scheduled to open in Sept. 09. They have posted a few photos - looks very chi-chi - high end maybe?

Anyone know of this?? Their website lembehhills.com is still under construction.

Just wondering....

Cheers, Nikki

ya, is close to Kasawari on the mainland side... lots of steps! :D Near to Maka Wide dive site.

around 35 or 36 rooms i believe, biggest resort in Lembeh by far...upwards of 70 guests.
Will be high end to compete with Kasawari, KBR, and Lembeh Resort

Mike - thanks - wow, do we really need more rooms/people on the Lembeh reefs....kinda breaks my heart....that is alot of rooms !!!!!

No wonder its getting harder & harder to find critters. Diving Lembeh every other year as I've been doing, a decline in marine life has been noticeable, maybe for more than one reason. More divers definitely won't help the situation. More resorts need to talk to each other about scheduling who dives where & when, like KBR & LR do. That might help a little.

Scheduling who dives where and when would be a solution with 2 or even maybe 5 resort in the Strait. But at the moment we are having 10 here (not yet including Lembeh Hills). Further there are daily boats with divers from the Manado dive centers. Plus the various live aboards. However, we already agreed some years ago that there should not be more than 15 divers including the guides at the same dive site at one time. Except when they are all from the same operator (probably live aboard). Another agreement is not to let the guests touch anything that is a live and never to use anchors at the dive sites. Of course the guests can also remind their dive operator to these rules in case they forgot ;-)

Rob, Divers Lodge Lembeh

Run-off during the January rains from the construction had a very negative impact on Nudi Retreat - creatures and visibility.

I dive Lembeh three times a year. Each time I visit the creature count declines. Most popular sites at which 3-7 boats are found at anyone time are: Nudi Retreat (for the Pygmy Seahose), Pante Parigi (there has been Flamboyant, Ambon Scorpionfish, and Hairy Frogfish), and Jahir (Wunderpus).

I almost never see ANY boats at Hairball. TK much less visited.

Future for Lembeh looking very bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom