Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey everyone.

Just to update, I haven't bought a reg set yet. I've managed to do a couple more dives on rental gear and have continued research. I've been considering getting the tusa serviced or buying a hog set (D1X with classic 2.0 primary & octo from diver-supply for $340).

That being said, I've recent run across a used aqualung legend (what appears to be a very old model) with an abc octo for $205 plus shipping. Better yet, it's sold by a dive shop and they say it was already serviced prior to posting.

I'm wondering if this would be better than hog/ worth the extra $90 more than servicing tusa. I've heard great things about the legend, even the original models.

Did you know that Tusa made my all time favorite finstraps and buckles

full

I use them everywhere

Did you know that tusa initiated the ultra popular diverite xt fin

TUSA-SF-5500-X-Ten-Liberator-Fins.jpg

dr-es610_2.jpg

Did you know I have used my Tusa imprex regs recently , with no new parts, I loved tusa imprex things
from those particular good, more recent, old days

Hey everyone.

Just to update, I haven't bought a reg set yet. I've managed to do a couple more dives on rental gear and have continued research. I've been considering getting the tusa serviced or buying a hog set (D1X with classic 2.0 primary & octo from diver-supply for $340).

That being said, I've recent run across a used aqualung legend (what appears to be a very old model) with an abc octo for $205 plus shipping. Better yet, it's sold by a dive shop and they say it was already serviced prior to posting.

I'm wondering if this would be better than hog/ worth the extra $90 more than servicing tusa. I've heard great things about the legend, even the original models.

If you are looking for long-term savings, the HOG set may be cheaper. You can take a HOG service class from a certified instructor, and then you can buy service kits and service them yourself.

The AL Core (used to be the Titan LX) is a superb regulator and rated Superior on the ANSTI tests. It is a simple, pneumatic balanced second stage and a proven first stage with a long history. It is repairable everywhere. For the price, if the seller has a good record, I do not see how you can go very wrong.

I am partial to the Core/Titan LX because I have both and use them as my main regulators. Nothing fancy, they just work. I got my Core Supreme DIN on eBay new in the box for $225 and a Core Octopus (Supreme) for $179 on Amazon. I ordered a non-yellow standard purge cover for it and I have a great set.

If it is beat to hell and worn out, well, something is probably salvageable, that is where the sellers record comes in, is it what he says it is. There is the eBay scam guarantees (?).

Yeah, I like the Core, I am a fanboy of it for sure.

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom