【New Products】XTAR D20 1000 & D20B 1000 Dive Lights!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was the point of these lights just to grab another piece of the market? I don't think that there's any advantage with these over the D26. Was the D26 just too big for some people?

I was hoping there was some new light to try, but these wouldn't really be worth my time I don't think.

The only 100% reliable switch I’ve found for a dive light is the twist on/off simple type it’s also the most inconvient.

Was the point of these lights just to grab another piece of the market? I don't think that there's any advantage with these over the D26. Was the D26 just too big for some people?

I was hoping there was some new light to try, but these wouldn't really be worth my time I don't think.

They would be worth your time if you found you did not like the form factor of the switch found on the D26 and/or found the type of switch on these an attractive feature.

-Z

The Divemaster @Zef clearly showed the switch difference between D20 and D20B. Thank you Zef!

The magnetic rotary switch on the D20 dive light makes you turn on/off the light much easier and more convenient. But as some divemaster said, the sealing and switch durability may be not as good as the switch of D0B. But there is no problem to use the D20 and D20B underwater 50 meters. As you know, different dive lights for different underwater conditions.

I think real experience is more convincing than imagination. Would you guys like to test the two dive lights and share your experience?

The Divemaster @Zef clearly showed the switch difference between D20 and D20B. Thank you Zef!

The magnetic rotary switch on the D20 dive light makes you turn on/off the light much easier and more convenient. But as some divemaster said, the sealing and switch durability may be not as good as the switch of D0B. But there is no problem to use the D20 and D20B underwater 50 meters. As you know, different dive lights for different underwater conditions.

I think real experience is more convincing than imagination. Would you guys like to test the two dive lights and share your experience?
Give me a link to buy them and I’ll test them

I would be happy to test and review them for you and the community here.

DM sent for further discussion.

-Z

They also have a few others, the Xtar D30 1600 and the D30 4000. I have no use for the different colors, but it looks like the regular D26 1600 but has the locking mechanism of the D26 1100.

The D30 4000 takes 4 18650 and looks pretty bright.

They also have a few others, the Xtar D30 1600 and the D30 4000. I have no use for the different colors, but it looks like the regular D26 1600 but has the locking mechanism of the D26 1100.

The D30 4000 takes 4 18650 and looks pretty bright.

Our new dive lights D26 2500, D30 1600, and D30 4000 will be released soon. D30 series mainly are used for uw photography.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom