Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba-sass

Wreckmaniac Extrordinaire
Reaction score
I usually use the "New Posts" feature when I visit SB. Since the change (which, overall - I think is GREAT), it seems that the maximum number of pages that will display is 17. If I've only been gone a half day, few pages come up, of course. But, If I've been gone over the weekend, or for more days, only 17 pages will display. Now I KNOW there are more New Posts than that. What's Up? Can this be adjusted somehow?

Thanks!
Scuba-sass :)

Dang, isn't 17 pages enough?
I can't remember what the highest number I've seen is, when I travel I'd go for weeks without checking in, though that had a lot to do with slow internet access. The new board software is a big improvement. speed-wise especially.

There is a max search results of 250 posts or 16.5 pages.

Well that "16.5 page limit" is one improvement I'm certainly not fond of! Previously, "View New Posts" ensured that I at least had the chance of seeing all the activity since I'd last logged in. Now I'll miss stuff for sure. Bummer.

Oh well, one negative change and dozens of good ones. I suppose I can live with that.

Thanks!

It would seem that the new search feature ties in more of the old tools thus a cap that has always existed not hinders other features. I will up the cap to 500 posts.

Thanks, Tech Admin! I really appreciate your willingness to make this adjustment, and the prompt service! You perform your tasks admirably - someone should tell your boss...

While you're at it, tell him I want a raise too! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom