New Post in Thread?? Maybe not!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve

Wow.....what a DB
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What do I have to do to have the threads that I have read NOT show as having new posts? If I read all of my subscribed threads and then close my browser, most of the time when I come back they all show as having new posts even though I have read them all. This happens very often and the only way I can seem to correct it is by marking ALL posts as read which defeats the purpose of the "New Posts" option. One thing is I do not Logout of SB every time. I will usually just close the browser and turn off the computer. What will it take to have the "read vs new" be accurate?

Other than it being a cookie issue, I have no idea.

I've only seen it on SB. Any other vbulletin Site seems to be fine.

What Jeff said.

Did you say Cookies? Who has cookies? And yeah....what Jeff and Thal said.

I have chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies on the counter. :D

That happens to me once in a while, but not all the time. I usually log off and on SB several times a day due to work, but even then once in a while it'll show a new thread. I'll look at who the last poster was, and if I remember reading it last it was the same person I'll skip over re-reading it.

Actually I see that a lot on vB boards. Really has nothing to do with cookies as you can simulate it with two computers. Open the board on one computer and read some threads. Go to the other computer and the threads you read will be shown just like you didn't do anything.

I just make it a habit of marking all read on vB boards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom