new place to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy-S

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello fellow divers!

My wife and I are trying to decide were our next trip should be. I am a diver and she is not but she has no problems lying on the beach or by the pool.

Here is the kicker we have been spoiled by all of the great AI resorts in Playa and Coz.
is there anywhere else that would feed our hunger for going somewhere new but would spoil us like at the AI I have been checking out some of the Sadels resorts but they are just about a $1000 above what I want to spend for a ten night trip.
I have stayed at the breezes in Bahamas so i am not sure what else is out there

Got any thoughts?

Playa and Coz are the cheapest places you can go to. It you look for something comparable at the same price - best of luck to you.

Little Cayman Beach Resort might be a good choice.

I can highly recommend Couples Negril. I prefer Couples to Sandals/Breezes. And Definitely a few notches above any AI I've stayed at along the Mayan Riviera.

The diving is ok, (don't expect Cozumel) but is very convenient and Included in the AI. And the dive crew was great. (as of a few years ago)

You'll spend more than Playa/Coz but if you dive every day it about evens out.

Thanks for the feedback guys,
I have stayed at couples we actually got marrie there and it is a fun place to stay and you got to love just walking to the dive boat right from your room.
Curacao has been on my radar for awhile i may have to revisit it.
Thanks again for your thoughts

Why not consider Cayos Cochinos off the Bay Islands?
Its private and secluded, perfect for that romantic getaway. Yet has perfect beaches, hiking, diving, snorkelling and kayaking!

The reefs are protected and you can tell!

The deals you found in Mexico cannot be replicated in the Caribbean. Having said that, the rec for Breezes in Curacao might fit but know that property is like a Holiday Inn and I found the food mediocre at best. Air Jamaica put me there once when my flight from Bonaire to Mo Bay was cancelled. Otherwise, I'd never stay in an AI. I was surprised to read the rec for Negril..thought the reefs were dead in Jamaica.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom