New Pinnacle Black Ice Drysuit - w/ Merino Wool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Pinnacle introduces its first Neoprene Drysuit....Includes Merino wool!!! This suit looked incredible and very lightweight at DEMA

https://www.diverightinscuba.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=270_268&products_id=2444

Bigger Pic

PM me about Pre-order Specials

We have a few coming in that we will be reviewing and posting on here that should be to us right after the holidays. The actual suit should be here around March :D

The new Black Ice is on the cutting-edge of drysuit technology, being the world's first Merino Lined Drysuit. Combining the warmth, flexibility, and durability of thermocompressed neoprene with moisture controlling Merino, it enables comfortable diving in the most extreme conditions.
-All new for 2009!
-The warmest, driest, most rugged, and comfortable drysuit ever made.
-Completely constructed from 7mm neoprene compressed to 4mm for tremendous insulation,flexibility and durability.
-100% lined with Pinnacle's patented Merino lining.
-Front entry design
-1mm nylon zipper flap with #10 YKK zipper is standard
-Neoprene neck seal for maximum warmth
-Thickest grade of virgin latex wrist seals available
-Pocket on each leg comes complete with drain grommet, webbing loops, and shock cord.
-Kevlar knee pads over neoprene material are protective and durable, yet highly flexible.
-Suspenders included
Si-Tech low-profile inflation and exhaust valves.
-Merino lined neoprene socks attached with Roughskin soles.
Includes Deluxe Drysuit bag, inflation hose, and Merino Lined Zippered Hood. Pee valves and convenience zippers available.

Hm, a bit on the expensive side, isn't it? Evo2 is cheaper (and did set a reference point in my book for drysuits :D).

Oh well, don't need another one, so ignore me. :wink:

Hm, a bit on the expensive side, isn't it? Evo2 is cheaper (and did set a reference point in my book for drysuits :D).

Oh well, don't need another one, so ignore me. :wink:

Your forgetting the merino wool.....less undergarment needed and more warmth :wink: To me, thats worth a few extra $$s

Is the lining removable/replaceable? If it's not I'd stay well away from it. I'd rather not have a soaked lining (even if it's merino wool) for the second and third dives if the neck seal or valves are a bit leaky during the first dive.

(And no, I'm no Ursuk employee despite my current avatar :))

Is the lining removable/replaceable? If it's not I'd stay well away from it. I'd rather not have a soaked lining (even if it's merino wool) for the second and third dives if the neck seal or valves are a bit leaky during the first dive.

(And no, I'm no Ursuk employee despite my current avatar :))

Nope its not removeable. If your suits have leaking seals, maybe you should fix them so you stay dry :D

Also, ANY neoprene suit, if you get the inside wet, will remain wet for your second and third dive. The nice thing is Merino has warming characteristics even if wet, so you will still stay warm....other suits, you will just stay wet:cool2: Thats why merino is great even with wetsuits

Good point about neoprene suits drying slowly. But otherwise I like diving neoprene. Warm and cosy. And with merino lining it should be really nice for cold dives all year round.

I can attest to the efficacy of Merino linning, I own the ME7 and stay incredibly warm up to three dives in 50 degree waters.

This suit sounds like it's going to be a hit. Pinnacles makes incredible suits both dry/wet at great affordable prices.

If the fusion took off being a compressed neoprene suit that dives really well looks like this suit will follow in those steps but gain more ground because of the warmth factor of the Merino.

I would much prefer to have Merino on drysuit if a leak does find itself during the dive. The fact that heat can be sustained in wet Merino is better than just a soggy suit.

I can attest to the efficacy of Merino linning, I own the ME7 and stay incredibly warm up to three dives in 50 degree waters.

This suit sounds like it's going to be a hit. Pinnacles makes incredible suits both dry/wet at great affordable prices.

If the fusion took off being a compressed neoprene suit that dives really well looks like this suit will follow in those steps but gain more ground because of the warmth factor of the Merino.

I would much prefer to have Merino on drysuit if a leak does find itself during the dive. The fact that heat can be sustained in wet Merino is better than just a soggy suit.

Hello,

I just wanted to point out that the Fusion is a Bi-Laminate Drysuit not a compressed neoprene suit.

Both materials provide thier own unique features and benefits, and it is important that potential Drysuit purchasers research both before making a decision.

Cheers,

Justin

Back
Top Bottom