new OW diver says "hello" from Philadelphia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rmssetc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm posting this message while underwater. OK, to be more precise, while I watch snowflakes fall from above.

Diving has interested me for a while -- I recall reading through stacks of scuba magazines in the school library in the 1970s, but I finally got my OW certification at the very end of 2014.

At this point, I'm seeking to reinforce the skills I learned during the OW class, get the usual recommendations for first-time gear purchases, and go on some easy trips (probably Florida Keys in the spring).

I'd be glad to hear from folks in the Philadelphia area.

Congratulations and Welcome. Check out the Seahorses Dive Club Meeting: February 10th @ 7:00pm. It's free and a great place to meet other divers of all levels.
This months speaker is from the US Coast Guard and will be giving a presentation on Dive Boat inspections.

Scubadelphia

How youse doin' today? (My best Philly impersonation) Philadelphia area has many dive resources, an active community, plenty of shops, training/diving at Dutch Springs and the Atlantic. Not to mention reasonable flight times (and prices) to warm water sites! Best of luck to you.

Welcome! I PM'd, but thought I should publicly welcome another not-young new diver from Phila. Hope to see you around the forums and in the water!
-Don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom