Question New OW diver and a vaper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mario007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just completed my OW and I'm also a chain vaper, during my training I consumed a 12l tank on an average of 30 min dive, after some consideration with my instructor we figured it must be because I'm a vaper. Because when I dive I tend to breath like I was vaping so frequent deep breaths, full lungs and complete emptying them, this not only make me use a lot of gas tank but also make my Hovering a mess, so I would like to ask you if you guys capers/divers have any experience or advice?

Yeah... what they said. In no way will vaping ever help diving.

****Recovering chain smoker. Quit smoking 06/18/07 so I know what it's like. One of the BEST decissions I ever made.

1666355638852.png

First of all, try and reduce/quite vaping. While it may not be as bad for you as smoking, it is unhealthy.

Second, you could try using something like this:

to train your breathing outside of the water(there are many options, this may not be the best).

Must be some way to connect the E-cigarette to the second stage. Problem solved.
Just add nicotine to the gas mix. I’m sure PADI would be delighted to offer a new course: Vdiver. You could have higher level mix courses too: Advanced Vape Diver. Possibilities are endless.

thanks for the advice, it's really a psycological think so i guess stoping will not help is really like a muscle memory, becuse when my instructor mentioned it, i realized i'm doing the same while snoklering
to train your breathing outside of the water(there are many options, this may not be the best).
most prob. the best option

Apart from the obvious points already made here, newer divers also tend to go through gas pretty fast.
With more time and experience in the water your sac rate will get better, but definitely stop och cut back on the vaping as that will help too.

Just add nicotine to the gas mix. I’m sure PADI would be delighted to offer a new course: Vdiver. You could have higher level mix courses too: Advanced Vape Diver. Possibilities are endless.
Then his tank would last 10 minutes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom