New Oly SP-350 Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CheddarChick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok after my temper tantrum this AM about how my pictures were awful, I listened to the crowd and went back and played with the camera some more. OK the raw feature is very cool. When I looked at my pictures (over 80) and found only 2 that didn't really stink, I also found a few I shot in RAW. I was able to take this one from this
Jeffy.jpg

to this
P5180222.jpg

Or this:
P5180216.jpg

to this
P5180233.png

So maybe there is hope for me.....:D

These photos look like they were taken in difficult conditions. You did quite well under the circumstances! Realize that poor visibility makes photography tricky. When you shoot in this type of water, you have to get really close. If you're more than 6 inches away, you will experience a lot of backscatter. That's one reason you see the pros with dual strobes on long arms. With the camera only, it's best to stick to macro. Ideally, you would have a fisheye lens and dual strobes. Maybe next time...

The good news is that you understand white balance and thought to shoot RAW. Had you been diving on a coral reef, you would be a very happy camper!

Actually Alcina I used the Oly master software and adjusted the white balance, then saved it as a jpeg and sent it to my Microsoft imaging program and just used the instafix on it. So I was thrilled when it actually worked.
Desert;
ah warm blue water vis at 100' not 6'...I wish

Nice backscatter though, LOL

Back
Top Bottom