New Old Stock Doublehose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldmossback

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I understand many divers would like to have a doublehose regulator. However the cost of buying a used one and then having it rebuilt is more work and money they do not want to invest in. They just want to go diving. Also, buying a rebuilt one is costly as well due to the investment the owner seller has and want's to recoup.
And there are certainly no new DH regulators on the market, unless you count the recent fiasco Aqua Lung tried to sell!

Then occasionally a rare special find comes along. A New Old Stock doublehose, a rare event in itself..........a USD DA AquaMaster that has never seen water, except watching rain thru the plate glass window of the dive store it has spent the majority of its life on display. The rest of its life to date has been in darkness wrapped in a plastic bag in a cool closet.

This particular item is my New Old Stock US Divers DA AquaMaster. Serial # 213075.
This has the dull finish. I've looked inside the can and there is no debri, spots, oxidation etc. The rubber diaphragm is in excellent shape as are the original flutter valve, air hoses and Tinnerman Clamps. (there is some light oxidation on the large mouthpiece Tinnermans)
The mouthpiece is a reproduction as the original was cracking from dry rot. The cages are original and with new unbrella valves.

This unit breaths good and is ready to hit the water........or........sit on another shelf for 50 or 60 years................

As a bonus, I am including a RAM 1st stage Nozzle case, to convert this reg into a balanced RAM if so desired and a Mossback hookaport adapter for attaching a splitter for your BC and octo.

I've reviewed prices of several like DA's on websites, all rebuilts.........I think my asking price is fair for a New Old Stock ready to hit the water DH Regulator.

$485.00 plus shipping.

DA3.jpg

DA2.jpg

DA1.jpg

DA5.jpg

DA4.jpg

Last edited:
Just an additional comment.........my asking price $485.00 is not frozen in time...this is a new regulator by any standard of manufacturing, just been on the shelf for a very long time......so best offer's will be considered........however, please don't insult me with something silly........

I will additionally include at no extra charge a long yoke, SPG banjo attachment (heavy duty chromed brass USD copy) and a 3 LP port splitter. These extra parts alone would total $200.00 or more. Note: these additional parts are previously used chromed pieces, but still in excellent condition.

A new to the DH sport diving buyer would have all the parts necessary to enjoy both vintage diving and with adding the extra attachments, using a BC, SPG and Octopuss.........

Old Mossback

DSC00797.jpg

Last edited:
Folks:

Price is reduced to $465.00: plus shipping in lower 48...........OBO..............

Oldmossback............

Last edited:
I am reissuing this ad for this NOS DA Aqua Master. Note: this is not completely original as the hose clamps are tinnerman's.....not the plastic ones, however, they are new old stock tinnermans.

I will let the regulator go for $300.00 and the accessories listed for $100.00 OBO.....

Please PM me if you are interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom