New Old Guy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jakeb826

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm Jake, recently retired police officer from outside of Houston, TX. My kids (14,13 and 11) and I just moved to Carolina Beach, NC about a month ago. I'm finally getting around to getting back into diving after about 20 years out of the water. Back in the day I was up as far as PADI Rescue Diver and was on a volunteer SAR dive team in Oregon. I'm hoping to get safely back into the recreational side and introduce my children once I get up to speed......refresher course scheduled for later this month. I'm also heavily into stand up paddle boarding.

I'd love to hear any advice or recommendations on good trainers, operators and the like. Thanks in advance for any help.

Jake

Welcome back to diving. You are in easy driving distance of some outstanding diving. I am envious.

Welcome back to diving. You are in easy driving distance of some outstanding diving. I am envious.

Thank you, I am excited about it. I'm not sure of what I have seen more of around here...vehicles with dive flag stickers or vehicles with board racks and paddle boards. Not a bad dilemma to have I'm thinking! The people here are nice, too. I think we picked a good spot to land.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom