New Official Reef Check California Training Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Empty V

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
We just finished post production on our official Reef Check California Training video. Thanks to everyone who working on this which was a massive group effort including Captain Richard Gayou of the Sea Bass. 3 u/w cameras, 2 dive teams with topside support, U/W shot lists printed on waterproof paper with safety divers/AC's. It was a blast to shoot and everyone did an amazing job.

Hopefully this will help new students better prepare for what they're about to start and bring in prospective students. Enjoy

Billy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Billy,

I don't know about anyone esle but I couldn't get the video to play. I know I've seen it already but I'd like others to see it.

John

Worked on my iPhone....work blocks videos, so I had to go that route. So at least it works there :wink:

Looked good, but the quality is so crappy on my phone, so I'll have to watch it again when I get the chance.

What's an iPhone?

Worked fine for me on my new Dell. I thought the video itself was good but felt the soundtrack was totally antithetical to what the underwater experience is. It actually aggravated me a bit./

Thanks, Billy! Go Reef Check!

What's an iPhone?

Worked fine for me on my new Dell. I thought the video itself was good but felt the soundtrack was totally antithetical to what the underwater experience is. It actually aggravated me a bit./

Dr. B I'm really sorry to hear about that, the Dell that is. I'm not quite sure why you think the music is antithetical and why it aggravates you. I don't see how any music can be considered appropriate or inappropriate when it comes to the underwater experience on video. I listen to music while diving all the time and my soundtrack changes genres with every track.

Billy

I feel Reef Check is very important and a nice scientific dating collecting means, that is impartial. Thanks to all those that participate in the program :)

There is a BIG difference in the two divers featured. The drysuit diver in a hogarthian setup maintains buoyancy and control while the other diver is wrapped up in the measuring tape, but more importantly shown standing on the bottom? Editing out the scene where they are standing on the bottom might be a good thing, especially after the video states staying off the bottom.

For those that do not like the music, turning it off takes care of it :wink:

Hopefully as Reef Check grows they can start collecting enough data to provide the MPA with data to make scientifically quantified decisions.

Dr. B I'm really sorry to hear about that, the Dell that is. I'm not quite sure why you think the music is antithetical and why it aggravates you. I don't see how any music can be considered appropriate or inappropriate when it comes to the underwater experience on video. I listen to music while diving all the time and my soundtrack changes genres with every track.

Billy
Nice video, played on my laptop without any problems. I wouldn't say the music was antithetical; I turned the sound off because the music was an annoying tune.:D
Not my kinda music.

Back
Top Bottom