New Octo+ Version - availability?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jsfire

New
Reaction score
Hi,
I've been at the Beneath the Sea Show in NJ and was told that soon the Octo+ design will change to have a "Garden Hose fitting" on the BC hose side so that it can easily disconnect and be kept with the reg instead of the BC. Does anybody know when this will be released?
Thanks!

Great! Then I'll just wait another couple month before buying a new BC and Octo+. Thanks for the fast answer :)

Is there there any information on the Octo-Z anyplace on the web? such as description and how it differs from the Octo+ as well as release date?

Will this new design remove the dual exit air paths?
(Which other integrated octo+ designs don't support)
In other words the ability to vent air and breath out
simultaneously/independently.

--- bill

OK, after a little looking around, I answered my own question and thought I would share what I found. Going to the Zeagle website, www.zeagle.com, go to the "product support" page there you will find a list of items, specifically the one for the "owners manual of the Octo Z" you will find the info most of us are looking for. Pretty cool "garden hose" set-up

Looks like a pretty neat way to rinse out a bladder. Pretty cool.

bperrybap:
Will this new design remove the dual exit air paths?
(Which other integrated octo+ designs don't support)
In other words the ability to vent air and breath out
simultaneously/independently.

--- bill

The new design will not be designed like the Apeks Octo+, but you can exhale and exhaust the BC at the same time, by half valving the exhaust button while exhaling.

I have test dove the prototype below 160 fsw and it performs quite well.

More importantly the unit will be very serviceable and easy to adjust.

Keeping the Octo-Z attached to your regulator will make a huge difference in curbing the intrusion of salt water and the subsequent corrosion internally.

Chad

Back
Top Bottom