New New Englander

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SixtyFeetUnder

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
New member here from Massachusetts (with roots in Michigan), though I've been lurking for some time and found great value in the discussions so far. My wife, 14 year old child and I are currently in the process of our PADI open water certification.

It's something I've always wanted to do; the impetus to actually do something about it has been our niece's planned wedding in Australia in the Fall of 2021. The original idea was to get certified, do some dives in the US to get our "sea legs" and then dive the Great Barrier Reef as part of our wedding trip. We're crossing our fingers that the current travel restrictions get relaxed by then.

Regardless, am glad to be here and looking forward to learning a ton from you all.

Welcome from Maine! Ever up this way, holler out.

Thanks to both of you! Definitely will. @icechip are there dives I should be putting on my list Down East?

All kinds of good ones including Nubble Light in the south, Rachel Carson Salt Pond at New Harbor, Penobscot Bay sites like Rockland Breakwater or Beauchamp Point in Rockport, as well as Lubec waaay downeast, in addition to many others.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom