New Nautilus Lifeline Marine Rescue GPS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My order of Nautilus Lifeline was never received. It turns out it has been discontinued & they are coming out with a new product, Nautilus Lifeline Marine Rescue GPS. Here is a message from Jack:

New message from: nautiluslifeline (12)

Hello

Thank you for your order. Our apologies for the delay.

At this time, production has now stopped on the LifeLine Rescue Radio due to changes in certification requirements. Your money will be fully refunded.

I would like to introduce our new product, the Nautilus LifeLine Marine Rescue GPS. The all new Nautilus LifeLine is less than half the size of our original radio and is incredibly simple to use. Simply undo the latch and open, turn on, remove the red distress cap and press the red button. That’s it! Your GPS position, accurate to 1.5 metres, and a man overboard distress message will be broadcast to all AIS equipped ships up to 34 miles away as well as a special DSC message to the marine radio on your own vessel. Your Nautilus LifeLine floats and is waterproof in all sea conditions. Just keep the o-ring clean and forget about it for the next 5 years!

We would be very happy to offer you the special preorder price for $179 USD. We are now taking preorders with units ready to ship in November. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions or need further information.

Thanks,
Jack

Last edited:
The nice thing about the original is that it was a VHF radio too, so you could talk to the ship without issuing an emergency call.

image.jpeg

Yes, I asked Jack that question. I'm afraid the answer is no for the new one.

Nautilus LifeLine Official Website: Marine Rescue GPS

Last edited:
Look for one that is still in stock online.

I wonder what this means for owners of existing lifeline radios.

Look for one that is still in stock online.
Ugh. the price has almost doubled on Amazon.com!

I wonder what this means for owners of existing lifeline radios.
I expect support will disappear in a year or two, and lots of miffed customers will refuse to ever buy a Nautilus product again.

Scuba toys has them on eBay for normal price. Don't know if they physically have them though.

I cannot say I would buy the new Lifeline. I have had the VHF one for several years and like it. I bought it for family diving and I am also using it for technical diving. I am more interested in the VHF side then the GPS emergency side. If needed, I can talk to boats around me, even for general communications such as we are up and awaiting you. I probably would not use the emergency side unless I could reach no one and felt at risk. I think it will diminish the product if they do not get a VHF model back into production.

I see a LOT of these at dive shops in Florida. Call around and see if one will ship to you. I think you would be better served by having a VHF/Emergency then just the Emergency radio. It truly is a functional radio with VHF and Emergency. I know Stuart Scuba has one, I know most of the Force-E shops also have one. I am sure one of them will ship if you do not get one off of the internet. I have not used Scuba Toys but have heard of them for years.

Back
Top Bottom