New MPL System Available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

your web page gives different specs than the German sight e.g. length are they 18cm or 19.5? you list various other batteries that are compatible what are the corresponding run times? your site says comes with AA canister but short is also available but the price of these and capacity to order is no where to be found?...the lights look good though.

Hello buddhasummer,

please click on this link:

http://www.tillytec-shop.com/MPL-System.html

There are all the specifications and prices.

btw: Could you please tell where you see 19.5 cm?

It appears you misunderstand my post:

1) As previously stated ,on Tilliytec GERMAN site it lists the lengths as 19.5cm with AA canister.

2) It says the MPLs come with AA canister i.e. the long one pictured against the prices on your site. How does one order the shorter battery canister as there does not seem to be anywhere this is an option. I have looked at your site very closely and cannot find how to order the SHORT battery canister or a price for the SHORT canister.

3) the runs times on your site are unclear it lists 180-600 mins, this is a very wide margin, I would like to know what are the run times as used with the different battery options you list, e.g.

3 x 1,5 Volt AA Batteries is what run time?
3 x 1,5 Volt AA Lithium Batteries is what run time?
3 x 1,2 Volt AA NiMh Batteries is what run time?
1 x 3,2 Volt 18650 LiFe is what run time?
1 x 3,7 Volt 18650 LiMn is what run time?
1 x 3,2 Volt CR 123 is what run time?

There is a big difference between 180mins and 600 mins I would like to know more exactly what run time can be expected when using types of batteries you say are compatible.

Thank you.

It appears you misunderstand my post:

1) As previously stated ,on Tilliytec GERMAN site it lists the lengths as 19.5cm with AA canister.
On both sites it shows 110 mm / 195 mm

2) It says the MPLs come with AA canister i.e. the long one pictured against the prices on your site. How does one order the shorter battery canister as there does not seem to be anywhere this is an option. I have looked at your site very closely and cannot find how to order the SHORT battery canister or a price for the SHORT canister.
Got it. It will come always in the long version and can be adjust to the short version.
So there is no option to buy the short one. You will get 2 in 1 for the price of one.

3) the runs times on your site are unclear it lists 180-600 mins, this is a very wide margin, I would like to know what are the run times as used with the different battery options you list, e.g.

3 x 1,5 Volt AA Batteries is what run time?
3 x 1,5 Volt AA Lithium Batteries is what run time?
3 x 1,2 Volt AA NiMh Batteries is what run time?
1 x 3,2 Volt 18650 LiFe is what run time?
1 x 3,7 Volt 18650 LiMn is what run time?
1 x 3,2 Volt CR 123 is what run time?

There is a big difference between 180mins and 600 mins I would like to know more exactly what run time can be expected when using types of batteries you say are compatible.

Thank you.
It depends on the battery and length you use. You will get a longer burning time with the longer version (195 mm).

Hope this helps.

On both sites it shows 110 mm / 195 mm

Got it. It will come always in the long version and can be adjust to the short version.
So there is no option to buy the short one. You will get 2 in 1 for the price of one.

It depends on the battery and length you use. You will get a longer burning time with the longer version (195 mm).

Hope this helps.

Great just the info I was looking for thanks. Can I assume the 180 run time is using the CR123A? cheers

Last edited:
Best to use 3.7 Volts for the longest burning time.

Your web site needs some work, its a little unclear and lacking on specific info.

Can you please advise run times with each type of battery used. I am interested in the MPL-500-1200-5, but want to know what is run time if used with 3AA, 1xCR133 and 18650Limn, where can I get the 18650 LiMn battery and at what cost I cannot find on your web site, again there is a big difference between 180 and 600 minutes, what battery gives 180 and what batteries give 600? is the 18650LiMn battery used with the short version? how many are used? charger? cost of charger? Thank you.

Hello buddhasummer,

please click on this link:

http://www.tillytec-shop.com/MPL-System.html

There are all the specifications and prices.

btw: Could you please tell where you see 19.5 cm?

It wasnt, but is now showing on your website also, I assume you have changed your info as your site previous to my posts showed 18.5cm and only German site showed 19.5cm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom