New MK3 1 piece Undergarment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveJedi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have long been a fan of a 1 piece super warm undergarment for our cold BC waters. Whites Manufacturing is pleased to announce the arrival of the brand new MK3 1 piece Undergarment.

This fleece will compete head to head with the 400 weight and weezle suits already out in the market, but has features like stretch panels, convenience zippers, and a soft inner fleece lining for comfort to take it a step further.

I have been diving the prototype of this undergarment for the last several months - it's pretty warm for the summer months here in BC - but it will be perfect for the cooler winter months that are right around the corner! This undergarment boasts the following tri-layered system:

Outer Nylon (with stretch panels) / Primaloft® / Inner Fleece

Features:
  • Breathable, moisture-wicking, high loft, insulating polypropylene Polar Fleece inner lining
  • StormProof 70 denier micro-ripstop water-resistant Taslon outer nylon facing
  • Primaloft® sandwiched between fleece lining and nylon facing - PrimaLoft® is as warm as down, compressible, breathable and offers superior water repellency
  • 1mm neoprene 2-way stretch expansion panels at waist and above knees across shoulders and down sides for optimal mobility
  • 2-way zippered rear convenience panel
  • 2-way torso/convenience zipper
  • 2 zippered vertical chest pockets
  • 2 large fleece-lined hand warming pockets
  • Lycra stirrups keep garment in place
  • non-magnetic construction throughout
  • non-corroding YKK zippers throughout
  • tuck-in thumb loops for easy donning
  • 8 Stock sizes only: 2XS, XS, S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL
Thanks for reading, look forward to seeing you out there nice and toasty warm in our cold waters!!

Until the next Dive!
Tyler

Tyler, what is the difference between this and the undergarment that came with the Catalyst?

The fleece that we currently offer in our packages is in a 4 piece set:

MK1 John
MK1 Shirt
MK2 John
MK2 jacket

This set has been really popular in a lot of markets. It is very adaptable, sleeves zip off, hood zips off, and you can layer as much or as little as possible. For the diver that dives in a variety of conditions - it is a great set.

We realize that not everyone wants a multi layered system. I personally am all about simplicity and warmth, most of my dives are in our cool BC waters. I like my dive prep. to be quick and easy with as little stuff as possible - so I am all about the MK3 - 1 piece, equally as warm as the 4 pieces put together, lots of stretch, easy to wash - low maintanence in general.

So that is the difference.

Until the next dive
Tyler

How does it compare to the Glacier MK2 one piece? That's what I got w/ my Catalyst and I start getting chilled after about 30-40 minutes in 45 degree +/- water.

If you were wearing that MK2 on it's own, with nothing under it, I would guess that this fleece would be 3-4 times warmer. It is far heavier duty than the MK2 - if it takes you 30-40 mins. to get cold in the MK2 - you would not get cold in the MK3 - at all.

Until the Next Dive,
Tyler

Just want to point out that I dive a a MK2 not a MK1. Still that dramatic of a difference?

Slight typo there - yes you dive the MK2 - there is that dramatic of a difference. 4 times might be strteching it - 3 times for sure.

Tyler

Just got the MK3 in. Wow, what a nice, warm undergarment! Tyler, tell me if I am wrong but I think the MSRP is $550 USD.

If you get cold very easily, this is the undergarment for you. For water temps 50 degrees or warmer, it is overkill. The MK2 is better. However, for diving in British Columbia this winter, this is ideal.

$450 MSRP.....which we believe is in the same price point as all other high end fleece in it's category.

I'm glad you like it!
I've been using one for several months with my Fusion.....love it, all the stretch panels in conjunction with the Fusion, makes for an incredibly flexible combo!!

Until the Next Dive,

Tyler

Back
Top Bottom