Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Girl 1

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a newly certified diver and am eager to go on my 3rd cruise in May. I am interested to find out if anyone has used Aqua Divers in Belize? Has anyone done the Manatee dive there? Also, has anyone used Equalizers or Eagle Ray Divers in Cozumel? I read only one review that gave them a so-so rating, but that they would use them again. How about the dolphin dive with Anthoney's Key in Roatan? I read that regular dive trips with them weren't very good, but the dolphin side of the business was.

I am glad that I have joined the site! I look forward to hearing from, well, someone! Ha!

Diver Girl 1

Hello diver girl in cozumel I recommend Paradise divers for the Honduras I send people to anthonys all the time it is a great resort and the diving is good Big B
Diver Girl 1:
Hello,

I am a newly certified diver and am eager to go on my 3rd cruise in May. I am interested to find out if anyone has used Aqua Divers in Belize? Has anyone done the Manatee dive there? Also, has anyone used Equalizers or Eagle Ray Divers in Cozumel? I read only one review that gave them a so-so rating, but that they would use them again. How about the dolphin dive with Anthoney's Key in Roatan? I read that regular dive trips with them weren't very good, but the dolphin side of the business was.

I am glad that I have joined the site! I look forward to hearing from, well, someone! Ha!

Diver Girl 1

Hi Dive Girl 1,
Welcome to SB, lot's of good info to be obtained here!

Welcome to the board!
I have used Aqua Dives twice....the first time they were great....the second not so great. I'd try the guys next door to them or Prodive next time.

Joe

scubajoe:
Welcome to the board!
I have used Aqua Dives twice....the first time they were great....the second not so great. I'd try the guys next door to them or Prodive next time.

Joe
Hi Joe,
Can you tell me the differences between the two and such?

Diver Girl 1.
The second time we used Aqua Dives it seemed like they were short of money....boats didn't run right, seemed like gas was in short supply and we went to the same sight over and over. The DM that took us to Hol Chan wasn't paying attention and let our group go past the bouy....not good,
I have only heard good things about the other two operators but I have not dove with either one of them.

Joe

scubajoe:
Diver Girl 1.
The second time we used Aqua Dives it seemed like they were short of money....boats didn't run right, seemed like gas was in short supply and we went to the same sight over and over. The DM that took us to Hol Chan wasn't paying attention and let our group go past the bouy....not good,
I have only heard good things about the other two operators but I have not dove with either one of them.

Joe
Joe,
Do you remember the name of the one next door to the Aqua Dives? And does Prodive have a website that you know of?
Forgive me for not knowing, but what do you mean 'past the bouy'?

Diver Girl 1,
Maybe it is Del Mar Aquatics? I'm not sure. Prodives website...can't help. I hate to tell you this but do a search on these two operators on Ambergris Cay. Or go and peruse the Central America forum.
Hol Chan means cut in reef or something along that line. It is a popular dive site and way cool too. The tidal current can be intense. The channel narrows at the bouy making the current increase. If you pass the bouy when the tide is going out it is a ***** swimming back against it. That being said I'd highly reccomend a night dive at Hol Chan.

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom