Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sumo2

New
Reaction score
I joined this board in early August and have been reading it avidly. I must say that I'm impressed with the knowledge, friendliness and participation of all its members. I hadn't written before because I was taking the Padi open water diver course and wasn't sure I would make it as a diver. I'm really proud to say that last weekend I did my open water dives..passed the certification and I'm truly in love with this new hobby. I honestly can't wait to go diving again which we plan to do in the Florida Keys during Labor day. Thank you for always sharing your experiences and knowledge and hope to pick your brains about diving.

Susan in sunny Davie, Florida.

:bounce: I've said it before, but it has to be said again - yet another Scuba junkie joins the throng.

Well done on getting certified - we all know how THAT feels. It sounds like you're in a great place to get lots of dives in - lucky you.

I hope to see you around a lot on these boards.

Have fun, dive safe
:)

Allright Susan,

I don't get to be the first to welcome someone new to the board....and congratulations! If you're anything like the rest of us..you'll never be the same. And BTW, for a few of us work is our hobby, scuba is our passion. Careful, it's addictive. :)

Welcome aboard Susan! Glad to have you here. The boards are friendly... as long as you leave DIR out of the discussion, people are usually very helpful. :D

So what did you think of your class. Would you feel confident in diving with another student that went through the class without an Instructor present?

Welcome Sumao2!
It's funny how fast this "hobby" can become your life :).

-kate

Hi Susan,

Greetings from Michigan. Florida diving is on my list. I hope sooner than later. Congratulations on your certification. Scuba has added sooooo much to my life (cure for the empty nest syndrome)!

Enjoy and be safe.

Laine

Thank you all for your warm welcome. To answer your question Mario, my son was certified back in May. He needed a buddy and convinced me to join the classes. I'll be diving with him this weekend and feel very confident with his knowledge and the training he received. I on the other hand, am a little nervous to be diving without my instructor but I'm really looking forward to it. Any tips on our first buddy solo?

Susan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom