New member, relatively new diver, very hooked

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mollusc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

Greetings from Greece. New to ScubaBoard and pretty new to diving.

After a bit of a false start a couple of years ago, started diving about six months ago and have become somewhat diving obsessed. Have done the OW, AOW and Nitrox certifications and am hoping to start a rescue course soon.

Other than that, would love to do some underwater photography. I have a DLSR but the dive housing for it seems to run at more than $1,200, so looking for a somewhat cheaper option. Any suggestions for a camera that could handle small details (I'm thinking nudibranchs) and won't break the bank would be most welcome.

Welcome to the board!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to SB! There is some beautiful diving in your neck of the woods!

Welcome!

I have been kicking around the idea of a trip to Greece to visit a friend. I really wanted to do some diving while there, but couldn't nail down where that would happen.

Where do you guys dive in Greece?

Thanks kelemvor!

Being Athens-based and a relatively new diver, so far nearly all of my dives in Greece have been near the dive shop where I got my training and certificates - roughly between Lagonissi and Cape Sounio on the mainland southeast of Athens. But there are thousands of places to dive in Greece, both from the mainland and on the islands. You're not going to get the abundance of sea life you would in, say, the Red Sea or the Maldives, but that's not to say there's nothing there, and there are some really spectacular wrecks and rock formations to explore as well.

Were you thinking of diving on one of the islands or from the mainland?

Welcome!

Hopefully you'll become an active participant... in both diving and ScubaBoard! We can always use another voice in the conversation.

Ray

howdy and welcome from south Florida....

Back
Top Bottom