New member of AZ Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edhand

New
Reaction score
I couldn't stand the banner at the top of the page telling me I have never posted before so...

Just found the AZ Scuba forum on yahoo and signed up. My wife and I life here in Phoenix, but we're in the process of moving from the South Mountain area to the North Mountain area. (Closer to my wife's work and daughter's school.)

We were both open water certified back in 2002 and did a couple dives in Lake Pleasant after our certification. (On board the Diver Down, it was $30 then.) We then did a Thanksgiving trip to Bonaire that was fabulous. Haven't blown any bubbles since though. I'm starting to look at the canal beside our house with interest... I've been layed off for over a year and I am now a full time student at ASU. So for now the diving must be of the inexpensive kind. But we both have all our own gear except for tanks and weights. Asuming the water isn't too cold that is...

Well that's the introduction. Hope to get back into things, at least once we get done with moving.

BTW, I've also always had an interest in sailing. Not that I can afford much at the moment, but if anyone here knows of friendly local boat owners willing to show someone new the ropes... I want to start learning now so that after my education and third career are done I'll be ready to cruise the world. :viking:

Ed

Hi Ed,

Welcome to Scubaboard and AZScuba. There's a bunch of us AZ divers out at the local lakes pretty regularly. Conditions at Lake Pleasant have been pretty decent by desert standards lately... at least where I've been diving. One of these days we'll have to arrange a group dive/meeting/picnic or something...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom