New Member from Québec, Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MFPLAYA

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone!

Brand new member to this Board! I have been scuba diving for 7 years, mainly shore diving since my husband is sea sick and won't do boat!! We love Bonaire and are hoping to get insightful tips for other destinations in the Caribean.

Hoping to chat with some of you soon :wink:

Marie-France :)

Welcome. Are you familiar with Curaçao? He might do well with places where seas tend to be calm and boat rides very short.

Thank you for your warm welcome! We have been once to Curaco and to Aruba. Even a 5 minutes boat ride is to long... There is nothing worst than having nausea when you are down below!! Thak you for your suggestions :)

Bonjour Marie
bienvenue sur le site, j'espère que vous trouverez ce que vous cherchez

We love Bonaire

We have been once to Curaco and to Aruba. Even a 5 minutes boat ride is to long...
That's pretty limiting. Gotta wonder if he's tried transdermal scopolamine patches, or the oral form equivalent. I've had friends prone to motion sickness; when it's bad, it can be really bad.

Unfortunately, ocean shore diving is a bit limited. You've been to Bonaire and Curacao, the 2 prime destinations in the greater region for this. After that, it's slimmer pickings.

Grand Cayman is an option. It's a different animal than Bonaire. Oh, and Cayman Brac has shore diving...there's a thread on that.

St. Croix has some shore diving; famously the Frederiksted Pier, but I enjoyed one dive each at Davis Bay (long swim out) and Cane Bay (very long swim out; made me wish I had a DPV, but reef was really nice). There's some more available.

For an onsite shore dive with short boat rides, I thought of CocoView Resort in Roatan, but I wouldn't go solely for shore diving. I think people have asked about shore diving in Puerto Rico before; don't know the details and it doesn't get brought up much when shore diving destinations are discussed, but might be worth looking into.

I'm just looking at it from a recreational ocean diving angle. People who enjoy freshwater springs in Florida, or cave diving, may have a different view.

That's pretty limiting. Gotta wonder if he's tried transdermal scopolamine patches, or the oral form equivalent. I've had friends prone to motion sickness; when it's bad, it can be really bad.

Unfortunately, ocean shore diving is a bit limited. You've been to Bonaire and Curacao, the 2 prime destinations in the greater region for this. After that, it's slimmer pickings.

Grand Cayman is an option. It's a different animal than Bonaire. Oh, and Cayman Brac has shore diving...there's a thread on that.

St. Croix has some shore diving; famously the Frederiksted Pier, but I enjoyed one dive each at Davis Bay (long swim out) and Cane Bay (very long swim out; made me with I had a DPV, but reef was really nice). There's some more available.

For an onsite shore dive with short boat rides, I thought of CocoView Resort in Roatan, but I wouldn't go solely for shore diving. I think people have asked about shore diving in Puerto Rico before; don't know the details and it doesn't get brought up much when shore diving destinations are discussed, but might be worth looking into.

I'm just looking at it from a recreational ocean diving angle. People who enjoy freshwater springs in Florida, or cave diving, may have a different view.
Yes,he tried the patch, but got blury vision, he didn't feel right...

For me, Bonaire is the best place to dive... the marine Flora and Fauna are incredible! I will look into the Cayman Brac thread and possibly Porto Rico. Any insight about Barbados?

We did shore diving on the south part of Roatan (Media Luna), it is there that we got certified!

Merci :) Je ne suis pas la seule francophone sur le site, Yé!
And there is always Google Translate.

Oh, and welcome to ScubaBoard!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom