New mask ordered.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe03

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
With all the great info from these forums I ordered a Promate mask from Get Wet Store with 2.50 readers. My eyes are getting old and readers are needed. I was just wondering if gettin used to a mask where the bottoms are readers of that strength are hard to get used to? It’s gonna be nice to be able to see those small things I find to look at and not having to squint big time.

It will take a little bit to get used to but not much. I use bifocal lenses myself and got used to them quickly.

With all the great info from these forums I ordered a Promate mask from Get Wet Store with 2.50 readers. My eyes are getting old and readers are needed. I was just wondering if gettin used to a mask where the bottoms are readers of that strength are hard to get used to? It’s gonna be nice to be able to see those small things I find to look at and not having to squint big time.
If you(both your eyes) look ahead(forward) the "reader" should not have any effect on the vision. Only when your eyes looking down(not moving your head) then you will notice the difference ie. seeing those small things through the "readers".
I have been using "readers" for many yrs.

I guess it may just take a bit more focus and not wanting to look down when not needed. Thanks.
Unless the "readers" is set too high up then it will draw your eyes into it.
I made a mistake once by cutting the readers lens(DIY, plano-convex lens) too big and when tried it on the mask(no glue but using only saliva). My eyes were kept drawing into the readers instead of focusing ahead. One ruined lens but not the mask. The second and the third one were more successful.

Unless the "readers" is set too high up then it will draw your eyes into it.
I made a mistake once by cutting the readers lens(DIY, plano-convex lens) too big and when tried it on the mask(no glue but using only saliva). My eyes were kept drawing into the readers instead of focusing ahead. One ruined lens but not the mask. The second and the third one were more successful.
Centrals, I was going to try the cut and place lense’s but, I’m a bad at cut and paste. LOL. I’m thinking, hoping, this company has “experience” making these masks just right. Never heard of them before but here, but have heard them mentioned some in these forums. I just have to use it like my other mask, looking straight ahead. It may take a bit to get used to them, but in the long run, I’ll be a happy camper. Joe

Ps, hoping my new fins and mask ordered arrive this week, want to try them out in Lake Gorge, Rogers Rock next week.

Centrals, I was going to try the cut and place lense’s but, I’m a bad at cut and paste. LOL. I’m thinking, hoping, this company has “experience” making these masks just right. Never heard of them before but here, but have heard them mentioned some in these forums. I just have to use it like my other mask, looking straight ahead. It may take a bit to get used to them, but in the long run, I’ll be a happy camper. Joe

Ps, hoping my new fins and mask ordered arrive this week, want to try them out in Lake Gorge, Rogers Rock next week.
You should not notice the readers are there if look ahead eg. bifocal glasses.
Another option:

Well I received my promate mask from the GWS,,, and I like it. I did the tooth past scrub and will be trying it out, not next week, but the following. Can’t wait.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom