New Mask Anti-Fog: "Fog-Not"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlanDeep

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have invented a new type of scuba mask anti-fog that I'm calling "Fog-Not"(tm).

I need advice as to the best way to distribute and advertise it. I would also like to get feedback from as many divers as possible. This winter I handed out several samples in Florida to dive boat captains, scuba instructors, and dive shops. Everybody loves it.
It would really be cool to get it reviewed by a dive mag at some point.

This stuff really works and works better that anything I've seen including the soaps, gels, toothpaste, spit, seaweed slime. I needed it myself because I've always had fogging problems in the past, maybe because I let too much air out of my nose sometimes.
(What can I say, I'm an engineer and have an innate drive to fix problems.)

It is 100% natural, works on all mask lenses, does not sting eyes, but most important is it lasts for many rinses. Most anti-fogs currently available (including spit) rinse out completely after 1-5 rinses. Fog-Not lasts for at least 10 rinses in fresh water forced rinse tests. Fog-Not lasts for mutiple dives and even works after drying over night. It is a spray and can be used on wet or dry lenses. It is not a soap. Fog-Not works even on glass lenses that have never been cleaned with toothpaste.

I really think that Fog-Not is the revolutionary solution to the mask fogging problem.

I have some information at http://quizbot.com/scuba.htm

What should I do next?

Divemask_Anti-fog-s.jpg

Website, website, website...

And you need to set up distributorships in whatever regions you want to target. If you have a rep going to all the dive stores and selling the stuff wholesale, you'll get product placement and people will try it. What this means is that you have to have a product ready to distribute with POS materials.

Rachel

My anti-fog is toothpaste. When I get a new mask I put a little dab of crest in each lens, scub the mask for about 5 minutes, let the toothpaste dry in the lens (usually 30 min - 1 hour), then add a couple drops of water in each lens and scub again for about 5 - 10 minutes, and finally I rinse the mask really well.

After that I do not need any anti-fog as my mask(s) never fog up on me, just put em on and go.

Alan, I hope your product takes off.
-Become a sponsor of Scubaboard
-Get reviews from the people you gave product to
-Develop a sales presentation and pitch
-Try to get Trident to pick it up
-Get it into a couple major dive shops, see if Leisurepro will pick it up
-Rely on Texan pride, see if Scubatoys will list it on their website, maybe offer consignment terms or dating terms, maybe net 90.

Thanks for this great advice. We're off and running.

I'm working on the website and will have the ordering info up shortly.
http://fog-not.com

I am getting good feedback from users. The last feedback was from the Maldives!

I am selling it for $5.95 + $1 for s/h.
It comes in a 1oz spray bottle good for 100 sprays. Send a private message if you would like to try it.

I appreciate your encouragement.
Now you'll be able to see where you're diving!

I just invented a 100% guaranteed, all natural, bio-degradable, anti-fog for scuba masks that never runs out, and I'll send to you if you send me a self-addressed, stamped envelope and give me some time to fill the bottle with spit...then you can refill it at your own leisure...guaranteed never to run out, unless you run out of spit...

AlanDeep:
What should I do next?

I'm not trying to be sarcastic with my answer but have you considered a marketing class? A local junior college or an extension class from a major institution wouldn't cost too much. If you just want to sell a few bottles here and there (and not really drive any real business) you can do what the others said but if your serious (an you feel you have a real product) the time and money is well spent on further education. Being that your an engineer (and an entrepreneur) some business classes might help. Just an idea...and maybe a stupid one...good luck!!!
-Christopher

Thanks Christopher, that's what I'm doing.

Thanks all for your inputs.

I used some of this product yesterday. It's easy to apply, rinses clean and my mask was NotFog(ged). The water temp was 35 degrees.

My spit no longer works as well as it once did ; I think because it's 45 years old :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom