New LDS in East Valley?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AzAtty

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I was driving down Greenfield road today and saw "The Scuba Shop" in a space adjacent to a new "Aquatots Swim School." It appears the shop is still in the tenant improvement phase. Does anyone know anything about it?

The Scuba Shop (still a work in progress in some parts)

I know there are free air fill coupons in the weekly ads, and I've not been in to a shop, but heard the equipment section for the one on Greenfield is lacking a wide variety (could be just they were still getting set up) take it for what it's worth...

The Scuba Shop (still a work in progress in some parts)

I know there are free air fill coupons in the weekly ads, and I've not been in to a shop, but heard the equipment section for the one on Greenfield is lacking a wide variety (could be just they were still getting set up) take it for what it's worth...

"Lacking" is putting it mildly. There isn't anything in the shop right now. :D I figured they were still building it out.

Hmm.... I'm guessing my friend was confused at which location- I think they have two in the east valley.

I went in and talked to them for a while, they are associated with another dive shop in the valley,
at least for the scuba portion of their biz.
I think their main deal (for that location) is the swim lessons for kids.
They also run a company that has been in the valley for quite a while that teaches OSHA compliance classes for industry. Hazmat, Confined space, first aid. etc. I believe that the remaining portion of that building. (North side) is all for that.

The web site mentions franchise info available. Maybe the swimming school bought a scuba franchise and are trying to start it up? I'll have to go check it out.

I stopped by to check it out since it is local to me.
I was told that they are attempting to open a nationwide chain at least 1 store in each of 50 states.
Each store would be a swim/scuba learning center with on site pool.
They have a annual membership that gives access to the pool, discounts on gear and a few free fills each year.
As for gear so far stock seems limited. I was told they weren't fully stocked yet.
Posted prices aren't anything special. Member discounts may be worthwhile to get a discount on full kits. I asked if they would compete with online pricing and was told they would attempt to do so but their business model is value added by experience and stock. (seems like the old style LDS business model to me but time will tell)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom