New law in scubadiving in Greece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

burbulithras

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
There has been voted a new law that says that you can dive free in all over Greece,it alowes night diving and it recognise all the diving assotiations that are recognised by the EEC.For us the Greek scuba diving instructors and divers its like getting out from the scuba middle age in to the renecanse.Until now only 100km of 15000km of the Greek coast line was allowed to dive.So for many that read and ask were can i go for a dive i would say everywere!! :D

great news.
i'm hoping to get back out there again one day.

burbulithras:
There has been voted a new law that says that you can dive free in all over Greece,it alowes night diving and it recognise all the diving assotiations that are recognised by the EEC.For us the Greek scuba diving instructors and divers its like getting out from the scuba middle age in to the renecanse.Until now only 100km of 15000km of the Greek coast line was allowed to dive.So for many that read and ask were can i go for a dive i would say everywere!! :D

Does this mean that ancient sites are now diveable?

Dearman:
Does this mean that ancient sites are now diveable?

You mean the ones I dove nearly 40 years ago? Just teasing.

I send the link to this thread to a Greek diving friend who lives in Thessaloniki who has been inviting me to come dive with her for a few years. This could add greater incentive to return after such a long absence!

neat. What are the water temps like there throughout the year?

drbill:
You mean the ones I dove nearly 40 years ago? Just teasing...

My honeymoon was there but we didn't dive. Too restrictive. Depending on how this goes, this may require a return.

I've talked to a friend in greece, who is an instructor and great diving buddy of mine, and he told me that although the laws regarding scuba diving are being talked about in parliament they haven't come to a decision yet and they are not sure that it's going to happen. I sincerely hope it does, Greece has wonderful dives, and maybe the coast guard will finally leave me alone :)

and it says about diving in parks with ancient antiquities,the water temperature depends were you are going to dive beacause in the southern Greece as Crete the water is warmer i would say that a 5mm wet suit it would be ok until December most of the times even in the northen part of Greece the water temperature doesnt go under 10-12 Celsium.So it depends on how easy you get cold or how long you want to stay

That's really good news. I've snorkeled in Greece about 15 years ago or so and it was beautiful. I still have a couple of friends around the area and would not mind at all to go and catch up with them, however, vacations that do not involve diving are unthinkable. This adds a new incentive to consider Greece as a holiday destination for me.

burbulithras:

This is really terrific news! Can you dive on your own or is a local dive-guide required like they do it in Turkey?

R..

Back
Top Bottom