New Kodak Digital Film????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zuzanne

Contributor
Reaction score
Kodak has been advertising a new digital film on tv this past week. Has anyone tried it yet? If so did you notice any difference in picture quality between it and regular 35mm film? I would like to find out how if performs prior to buying it for my 35mm underwater camera.

Zuzanne

What kinda information was there in the commercial? I did an internet search for "Kodak digital film" and came up empty for anything like what I think you're talking about.
A company (not Kodak) did try to come out with a digital film a couple of years ago and even took orders from what I heard, but it never shipped. They cited camera compatability and battery problems.

Yup. There's no such thing as digital film. Kodak knows film is on the way out, & they are trying to retain their film customers by giving them something digital.

It's just a marketing ploy...as stated, it's nothing more than a CD with digital scans on them along with your regular prints. I remember back in the early 1980's when CD players first hit the mainstream, a lot of speaker manufactures were doing the same thing...advertising digital ready speakers (biggest crock).

The Ad has run 3or 4 times this past week during prime time on channel 7(FOX) here in South Florida. They show a roll of the film and say Kodak's new film is digital and takes your photos' to new levels. They don't mention the CD in the Ad, that's why I was curious about it.

Here is the Ad for the film on Kodak's website. It does appear to be just another marketing ploy as you get regular prints and a free digital picture cd. Oh well, it sounded good.LOL

Digital Pictures Without a Digital Camera

New KODAK Plus Digital Film is an easy and inexpensive way to get digital pictures - without a digital camera. With Plus Digital Film, you get both traditional prints and digital pictures on a KODAK Picture CD.

After using Plus Digital Film in your regular film camera, drop off your film for KODAK PERFECT TOUCH Processing. When you return to pick up your prints, you will also receive a KODAK Picture CD at no extra charge.

Zuzanne

It sounds like the Dale Lab processing or the Sea and Sea. Standard film but the pictures are digitally processed at the printing stage.

zuzanne:
Kodak has been advertising a new digital film on tv this past week. Has anyone tried it yet? If so did you notice any difference in picture quality between it and regular 35mm film? I would like to find out how if performs prior to buying it for my 35mm underwater camera.

Zuzanne

The pictures from my gallery were taken with a Kodak $10 one time use underwater camera. Like everyone has stated there is no digital film, just digital processing of the film or photos.
Just look at the pictures from my user stats at the left.
David

DrSteve:
It sounds like the Dale Lab processing or the Sea and Sea. Standard film but the pictures are digitally processed at the printing stage.

most of the machine are digital now, very few are hand done, which is why it is so easy to get your digital picture developed as they use the same machine

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom