New Jet Fin Size (XXL)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott L

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I recently acquired the long awaited fin and was quite surprised that SP reduced the stiffness of the rubber material quite a bit as compared to the other sizes. They feel very similar to Turtle fins in this regard. With local sea conditions consistently very rough, I have yet not been able to take on a dive.

What are the performance reports out there and why did SP change a fin which has been so popular for 45 years?

I used them this weekend at DOG Days. I honestly don't notice much difference in the water, kicks did not seem any more difficult and power was no problem. However on land, they are noticeably softer. I had our local SP rep take a look at them, he was very interested and is supposed to get back to me with an answer about the "new" rubber. I did realize that I will have to go down a size in spring straps because my foot fits further into the pocket. Should be able to get a better feel for them next month in N. Florida. :D

I used them this weekend at DOG Days. I honestly don't notice much difference in the water, kicks did not seem any more difficult and power was no problem. However on land, they are noticeably softer. I had our local SP rep take a look at them, he was very interested and is supposed to get back to me with an answer about the "new" rubber. I did realize that I will have to go down a size in spring straps because my foot fits further into the pocket. Should be able to get a better feel for them next month in N. Florida. :D

Thanks Kyle. I spoke to EE yesterday who indicated that all jet fins will be produced with the new softer rubber. Starting cave training?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom