New in NYC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CPNY

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I completed PADI online and confined dives last week, I will complete my 4 OW dives next week in Bora Bora. Thanks for allowing me into the group. I’m looking forward to learning from everyone here. A bit about what I envision as my dive “career”. I am mostly interested in warm tropical waters and I will be a vacation diver. This is of course as long as I can get past my claustrophobia ha. I had no issues in the pool but I understand the ocean is the real deal. Looking forward to it that’s for sure, although a bit nervous.

There are a lot of NY members on SB. They will be chimeing in shortly.
Welcome.

Welcome and join..

Welcome to the board, sounds like you have a great introduction to scuba planned enjoy and good luck!

Welcome @CPNY. I started diving in the NY area during the pandemic. Diving out here is a little different than warm water locales; the water tends to be a little colder. But if you're willing to brave that, there are some amazing places to dive, and a very active and friendly dive community.

Definitely take a look at the NYSG club. I'm a member and I've met an amazing group of people I dive with regularly. There's a number of useful resources on the website about local diving; conditions, dive sites/boats, equipment, etc. I'd highly recommend watching the recorded meetings, the "Into to NE Diving" in particular.

Feel free to PM me for more details. Welcome to Scubaboard!

I can offer some tips on NY area shore diving, which generally isn't great. I find the water can get as warm as 75+ in late July there and use my shorty from late June (brr......) to early Aug. when I'm in the area (Westchester), except last 2 years with Covid and a closed Canadian - US border.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom