New HID purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stiebs

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
After weeks (maybe months) of stewing over it, I'm now the proud owner of a Sea Elite 10W HID.

I thought about purchasing the H one from the LDS, but for a cost difference of not much less than AU$1000, and especially after hearing some first-hand stories of having to send new lights back to the US and waiting literally months to receive them back, I figured this makes more sense.

Don't think I'll get out this weekend, but a dusk dive is definately in order for an evening next week to check it out!!

Hey Froop..I was thinking about getting one of those..does the quality look to be on par with the other major Hid lights? I would appreciate any thoughts you have on the light.. Thanks
Rex

It's a Salvo.

I have heard a firsthand account that they have a 12º beam.

As Perrone says, its basically a Salvo. The canister is same single piece delrin as the other brands use with locking clips and the same switch. The globe is a standard MR-16 un-focusable protected by a ~3mm poly-watsit cover and o-ring. Since the front of the reflector ais basically the front of the torch, and there is no extended shroud, the beam does spread a bit. But even with this, and the fact that the reflector is only 12 degrees (as opposed to 6) there is still a disctict brighter spot in middle of the spread pattern.

I will definately be comparing closer both above water an in-use to my buddies than have Diverites and Halcyons.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom