New Halcyon Flare EXP Handheld vs Old Flare Handheld

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Macan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Halcyon recently released the new Flare EXP handheld.

What’s the difference between the old and new HH Flare? The Price of the Old HH Flare is strangely much more than the new Flare EXP on EE. Light output and battery rating for both seems the same. Anyone tried the new Flare EXP? Or Should I just add a bit more and just get the old Focus handheld (not the 2.0)?

I've both tried it myself and done a couple dives with someone who has it.
Honestly, if it wasn't for the fact that I just got a rebreather and need to get a heating system for my suit I would have replaced my NLS 40w super spot light with the new Flare EXP.
It has roughly the same punch as my NLS, felt very slightly weaker when I dove them side by side but my mate obviously claims it is more powerful :D
Great light, can definitely recommend unless you need a light with very long burn time.

Thanks. Yeah the new Halcyon Flare Exp looks good — smaller, more compact, good light output on paper, but. I was wondering why the old Flare with the same power 2.6 and light output is more expensive? The new Flare exp is $820 while the old Flare is $1200.

I've both tried it myself and done a couple dives with someone who has it.
Honestly, if it wasn't for the fact that I just got a rebreather and need to get a heating system for my suit I would have replaced my NLS 40w super spot light with the new Flare EXP.
It has roughly the same punch as my NLS, felt very slightly weaker when I dove them side by side but my mate obviously claims it is more powerful :D
Great light, can definitely recommend unless you need a light with very long burn time.

I love my NLS Super Spot with dimmer. If you ever want to sell yours, I'd be very interested in getting a 2nd one.

Michael

I love my NLS Super Spot with dimmer. If you ever want to sell yours, I'd be very interested in getting a 2nd one.

Michael

It's such a great light, I would have a hard time justifying getting rid of it.
Seems like NLS is a dead brand though, sent them an email a couple weeks ago and still no reply.
Once it does finally throw in the towel or the battery capacity starts to get bad I'll definitely get a Flare EXP.

It's such a great light, I would have a hard time justifying getting rid of it.
Seems like NLS is a dead brand though, sent them an email a couple weeks ago and still no reply.
Once it does finally throw in the towel or the battery capacity starts to get bad I'll definitely get a Flare EXP.

Did you call Cemo at +358 40 5030248?

Michael

Back
Top Bottom