New Guy from Eastern Washington

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

micmod12

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Thanks for the add and for a great place to meet, greet and get my questions answered.

I am not a new diver but have not been diving for about 10 years, dumb I know. My Nephew was recently certified and asked if I would be his buddy on his first salt water dives so low and behold at 68 I am getting my feet wet once again. Our families will head to Cozumel in Feb. so I have a lot of catching up to do.

I am going through my dive gear to see what is still usable and what I will need to replace. I will take my primary and second stage Genisis GS 2000 in for a rebuild and see about possibly adding a dive computer, I still know how to use dive tables so maybe not. I did notice that some dive operators in Cozumel only do computer dives so that may take the decision making out of my hands.

In the past I have traveled to Belize, Bonaire, Aruba, Caymen Island, and Cozumel to dive. I did one dive in the Hood Canal in Washington State and fresh water dives in a number of lakes and rivers in Eastern Washington.

I am looking forward to picking your brains and assisting when I can.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike, good for you. I am originally from Walla Walla (now Texas) and dive Cozumel as often as possible, I try to get down monthly. Hopefully for your Febuary tripmyou can get down for Carnival (Feb. 6th thru 9th?) It makes for a neat experience in addition to the diving.
Cozumel is normally multi level drift diving and while it can be done with tables, if the diver has halfway decent air consumption, a computer is your friend and can extend your dive. If you are going for a computer, a decent dual algorithm (Pz or DSAT), multiple gas units can be had for $200 (new) from Amazon.

Where are you at in Washington?

Back
Top Bottom