New from Virginia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YankeeDiver 1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello, My name is Scott and from the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. I was around diving for most of my young childhood as my dad was a diver. Not sure why he never got me certified as I did show interest but anyway. My brother is also a diver. At 18, I joined the military and to make a 22 year long story short, I was medically retired in 2014 after sustaining some injuries in Iraq.

I starting trying to get involved in diving last year when I found out the WWP had offered it. Unfortunately, the classes were to far away to make it feasible. I contacted the area chapter in Richmond and after about six month was able to get them to agree to pay for my classes and will complete my certification on the 25th and 26th of this month at Lake Phoenix in Rawlings, Virginia. I am very happy to finally get my certification and look forward to years of diving. Here is a not so good picture with my cheap camera during my confined dive.
P1010010.JPG

welcome! good luck on your certification dives at lake phoenix. don't forget to post up in the mid atlantic regional subforum if you ever need a dive buddy to lake phoenix.

howdy and welcome from south Florida....from one veteran to another... thank you for your service to this country.....

It was my pleasure to serve. Even as a wee boy, I knew I was going to be in the Army. I played war with BB Guns. Ah, the good ol' days. Couldn't get away with that now

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom