New From Texas but working in UAE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just joined the board as I am about to really increase my diving days. Is 63 too old to become a master diver if in pretty good shape and look like 52:)

Not sure if I am suppose to ask a question here but my only computer is an Aeris T3 and I have changed PCs twice and no longer have the software to download my 20 or so dives from there. Any advice. Apparently Oceanic bought them out and if they are willing to just drop all support I will never buy a product from that group.

Thanks

C

If you are fit and motivated there is really no impediment to increasing your diving. But listen to your body and know your limits. And consider take some additional training if you feel your skills are either rusty or are limiting your choice of dive sites. Good luck....

PADI MSD is 50 dives, Rescue Cert. (& EFR/CPR required for Rescue), AOW (I think) and 5 specialties (you may even find 3 or 4 that involve NO diving, which is another topic). I would think that's easily doable for someone in good shape age 73 or older, let alone our age (I'm 65 soon). Rescue varies a lot physically according to instructor--so I hear. Mine was easy at age 52. So other than Rescue, it's just a bunch of diving -- you do that now anyway.
I was an active divemaster age 58-61--that was a whole lot more work, mentally and physically.

Welcome to ScubaBoard C.

I am about to start diving UAE but not much to see here. I dove Kuewait a few times in 2007 and there are like 5 brain corral and a few tiny fish to see there. I hear that OMAN is much better. In any case I want to start working on Master Diver mainly to have something to do so will be diving at times just to get more hours in and of course get more comfortable in the water. I am not a great divier today although I have dived at some difficult advanced sites. I tend to run out of air way too

I am about to start diving UAE but not much to see here. I dove Kuewait a few times in 2007 and there are like 5 brain corral and a few tiny fish to see there. I hear that OMAN is much better. In any case I want to start working on Master Diver mainly to have something to do so will be diving at times just to get more hours in and of course get more comfortable in the water. I am not a great divier today although I have dived at some difficult advanced sites. I tend to run out of air way too
Hey, welcome to the Board and the sandpit. There is some lovely diving off the East Coast, drop me a line if you want to go dive sometime. There are some quick and easy ways to bring that consumption down, happy to help with that too if you like.

Welcome to board and to the land of inshallah.

I am am instructor and the Diver Operations Manager at Freestyle Divers in Dibba, Fujairah. The East coast is the best diving in the UAE. You can message me here or email me at turk@freestyledivers.me if you want to come dive with me. We also arrange trips to Musandam, Oman and just opened a center in Khasab, Oman.

Welcome to SB and the land of sand.

Plenty of diving going on here especially on the East Coast with more than 8 Dive Ops from Fujairah in the south up to Dibba in the north.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom