New from Taiwan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not sure on the 'flying fish festival', I believe orchid draws include the wrecks and the good visibility however I understand there is an acute shortage of fish.. we're booked up for this summer so hopefully I can finally provide some first hand info.

NE coast is different than the south. The biggest draw in the summer for me at least is a) convenience b) cheap however the popular sites get really crowded.. going off the beaten track you can have sites to yourself. A lot more macro subjects more rocky vs coral islands like you see down south. But you still have some chance to get lucky rare finds like flamboyant cuttlefish, frogfish, ornate ghost pipefish, rhinopias, blue ring octopus, pigmy seahorse, etc. Last year we were really lucky and had a dolphin encounter during a shore dive that lasted about 15mins which i'll never forget..

Another location just starting to grow in popularity which is on my list is Penghu, reportidly the best diving there would be in the south national marine park but you need to be organized on a trip in advance as divers require permits, and there are limited operators.

Im not the lucky guy likes you, you met so many beautiful ocean creatures locally. Sounds awesome! If you don't mind, please add me in LINE: niklam , hope to join in ur dive group.
I'm not sure on the 'flying fish festival', I believe orchid draws include the wrecks and the good visibility however I understand there is an acute shortage of fish.. we're booked up for this summer so hopefully I can finally provide some first hand info.

NE coast is different than the south. The biggest draw in the summer for me at least is a) convenience b) cheap however the popular sites get really crowded.. going off the beaten track you can have sites to yourself. A lot more macro subjects more rocky vs coral islands like you see down south. But you still have some chance to get lucky rare finds like flamboyant cuttlefish, frogfish, ornate ghost pipefish, rhinopias, blue ring octopus, pigmy seahorse, etc. Last year we were really lucky and had a dolphin encounter during a shore dive that lasted about 15mins which i'll never forget..

Another location just starting to grow in popularity which is on my list is Penghu, reportidly the best diving there would be in the south national marine park but you need to be organized on a trip in advance as divers require permits, and there are limited operators.

Welcome aboard, should also mention XiaoLiuqiu, which is pretty good and my favorite during off season.

Last weekend some freedivers ran into a juvenile whale shark, about 1mth back we spotted an eagle ray, and last year spotted a white tip shark
You're rite, but I'm not the lucky Diver to meet those beautiful creatures! I mostly dive in Asia, likes Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Palau, Thailand, seldom to dive locally,

Have to be Kinmen Island , Orchid Island and Chiayi(Southern branch of the National Palace Museum) for my next visit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom