New From Salt Lake City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MDubYa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all!

I’m new to the forum and Scuba. I am just finishing my advanced Scuba certification and cannot wait to get to the beautiful underwater places!

Matt

Welcome to ScubaBoard! There are many of those beautiful underwater places to see; got any dive trips planned?

Richard.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! There are many of those beautiful underwater places to see; got any dive trips planned?

Richard.
I’m finishing up my Advanced and we’ll be doing a crater dive and then a wreck dive in St George UT. I really want to get back to Maui! Any suggestions?

M

Any suggestions?
Judging from ScubaBoard and other media, the most popular mainstream water water dive destinations from a U.S. perspective could be summed up as:

1.) Cozumel - good overall budget trip, really nice diving (it is drift diving), good food cheap topside, nice place.
My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip - My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip
Tres Pelicanos & Casa Mexicana, Cozumel Sept. 2018 Report - Tres Pelicanos/Casa Mexican Trip Report Sept. 2018
2.) Roatan - good overall budget trip, lush reef though overfished so rep. for not a lot of big stuff (but I saw a goliath grouper there!), quite a variety of places to stay.
My Research Notes from planning a Roatan Trip - My Research Notes from Planning Roatan Trip
CocoView Trip Report May 2021 - Trip Report - CocoView Resort May 8-15, 2021
3.) Belize - often Ambergris Caye for divers, though the better diving is said to be farther out around the lighthouse atoll region.
4.) Bonaire and Curacao - shore diving.
My Research Notes for Bonaire - My Research Note For Bonaire
8 Day Trip Report: Sand Dollar, Dive Friends
2022 Trip Report Bonaire Trip Report - V.I.P. Divers/Aqua Viva Suites
Curacao Trip Research Notes
Curacao Trip Report with SB Surge Jan. 2019
5.) Upper Florida Keys, especially Key Largo - good shallow water reef diving with a mix of small, medium and some large creatures, plus deep offshore wrecks. Key Largo with Rainbow Reef Dive Center 2013 - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fl...iving-key-largo-rainbow-reef-dive-center.html

If you take an interest in the upper Florida Keys, conditions vary seasonally. I didn't list liveaboards since I think many people prefer to get some land-based trips in before they commit to a week on a dive boat.

If you want to keep things simple, you could look to book a Cozumel like mine, or try CocoView Resort in Roatan.

Judging from ScubaBoard and other media, the most popular mainstream water water dive destinations from a U.S. perspective could be summed up as:

1.) Cozumel - good overall budget trip, really nice diving (it is drift diving), good food cheap topside, nice place.
My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip - My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip

Tres Pelicanos & Casa Mexicana, Cozumel Sept. 2018 Report - Tres Pelicanos/Casa Mexican Trip Report Sept. 2018
2.) Roatan - good overall budget trip, lush reef though overfished so rep. for not a lot of big stuff (but I saw a goliath grouper there!), quite a variety of places to stay.
My Research Notes from planning a Roatan Trip - My Research Notes from Planning Roatan Trip
CocoView Trip Report May 2021 - Trip Report - CocoView Resort May 8-15, 2021
3.) Belize - often Ambergris Caye for divers, though the better diving is said to be farther out around the lighthouse atoll region.
4.) Bonaire and Curacao - shore diving.
My Research Notes for Bonaire - My Research Note For Bonaire
8 Day Trip Report: Sand Dollar, Dive Friends
2022 Trip Report Bonaire Trip Report - V.I.P. Divers/Aqua Viva Suites
Curacao Trip Research Notes
Curacao Trip Report with SB Surge Jan. 2019
5.) Upper Florida Keys, especially Key Largo - good shallow water reef diving with a mix of small, medium and some large creatures, plus deep offshore wrecks. Key Largo with Rainbow Reef Dive Center 2013 - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fl...iving-key-largo-rainbow-reef-dive-center.html

If you take an interest in the upper Florida Keys, conditions vary seasonally. I didn't list liveaboards since I think many people prefer to get some land-based trips in before they commit to a week on a dive boat.

If you want to keep things simple, you could look to book a Cozumel like mine, or try CocoView Resort in Roatan.

This is awesome, thank you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom