New from NC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dreamer17

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone! David from Morehead City NC. Just picked up scuba diving 4 months ago with the PADI Scuba diver level 1 and currently doing my open water qual. Fell in love with diving just with the first dive and now I basically can't get it out of my head. I am going to be following classe and dives with Olympus diving center here in Morehead. Already have a long list on the stuff to do next, including Nitrox, advanced open water and wreck diving!
I started to get my gear together and currently have this setup:
-scubapro twin jet fins
-scubaro mk25 with a700
-atomic venom frameless mask
-scubapro hydros bcd (on its way after having tried one last weekend)
Now the next thing will be buying a gear bag so I can actually carry all this stuff around!
Hope to see some of you soon out in the water!

Welcome! Olympus runs a safe operation and the wrecks there are hard to beat. You're in a great place to be diving!

welcome to Scubaboard David. You’ve come to the right place for informations and friendships in diving.

Welcome! It's hard not get the diving bug once you try it, and you are in a great place for diving. NC is my favorite place for wreck diving!

Welcome to the pond, David. In addition to what has already been suggested about Olympus, Discovery Diving in Beaufort has a great Treasure Hunt in October. My wife and I have been going to it for the past 4 years and have had a really fun time each time. They have some great prizes available. I actually won a week at Beqa Lagoon Resort in Fiji at last year's Hunt.

You can get more info at Discovery's website. Hope to see you there this fall.

Welcome. I sampled the Morehead City, NC diving with Olympus Dive Center a few years back. Loved the sand tiger sharks, but there were other things to see, too. You will get good use out of a nitrox cert. Olympus had the big steel tanks on rental (120-cf), which was nice on those deep dives.

Richard.

Hello, Welcome!

If you have not, join the Facebook group "Graveyard Hunters". They are an odd bunch of guys, but they are all located in or around Morehead City. They do a lot of Veteran rides/Dives and offer cheap(er) rides to the close wrecks like the Indra and Radio Island if you ask.

I'm currently out of the Country "working" (Vacation) but i'll be back in the area later this year. hope to run into you on the cattle boat!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom