New from Canada!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leora Tee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi!

I have recently completed my open water certification (here in Canada..so, pretty cold waters!!) I can't wait to do my first FUN dive.

Glad to be a part of this awesome community!

Welcome. Cool canadian water is still good diving.

Welcome to the board! If you can dive here, you can dive anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One could argue that Canada has some of the best diving in the world, and it certainly has a greater variety of types of diving than almost anywhere. My home base is in the Great Lakes where we have amazing wreck diving! In a week, I am heading to the Gaspé region of Quebec for some awesome Gulf of St. Lawrence diving, and then in October, it's off to BC to dive what was recently voted the "Best Wall" in the world at Browning Pass.

Not that's I'm knocking other places, but there really isn't anywhere else in the world that rivals Canadian diving. Considering we have three oceanic coasts, the Great Lakes and a few kagillion lakes, it isn't surprising.

Personally, I love our cold water. Soaking in 39°F water during those stinking-hot August days... can't beat it!

Oh, and welcome to the Board!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Arabia Shirky.jpg
    Arabia Shirky.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 34
  • MyFile 10.jpg
    MyFile 10.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 42
  • MyFile 4.jpg
    MyFile 4.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 35
howdy and welcome from the warm tepid waters of south Florida USA...

nice photos Stoo.

Sorry for long delay in replies!

Thanks for the welcome :) I have heard that once you dive in Canada you can dive anywhere..so that is good to know!!

UnderH20man: I live in Toronto...I don't have my fun dive planned yet! I'm debating on going on the Blackbeards cruise in the Bahamas but I haven't quite decided yet. I'm still a bit nervous that maybe it will be too much for a newbie like me.:confused: Do you think its a good starting point for a newbie?

---------- Post added August 31st, 2015 at 10:38 PM ----------

One could argue that Canada has some of the best diving in the world, and it certainly has a greater variety of types of diving than almost anywhere. My home base is in the Great Lakes where we have amazing wreck diving! In a week, I am heading to the Gaspé region of Quebec for some awesome Gulf of St. Lawrence diving, and then in October, it's off to BC to dive what was recently voted the "Best Wall" in the world at Browning Pass.

Not that's I'm knocking other places, but there really isn't anywhere else in the world that rivals Canadian diving. Considering we have three oceanic coasts, the Great Lakes and a few kagillion lakes, it isn't surprising.

Personally, I love our cold water. Soaking in 39°F water during those stinking-hot August days... can't beat it!

Oh, and welcome to the Board!

Thanks for the welcome! I actually found the water in Tobermory to be pretty nice despite it only being 15 degrees (sorry, i do Celsius :p) I'd never heard that Canada is one of the best spots for diving but I would imagine your trip to BC will be amazing!

Back
Top Bottom