New Forums

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubandrea

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How does a person start a new forum? I would like to see a forum dedicated to Vancouver, British Columbia divers...

To start a new club you need to gather a group of 20-25 divers in the area who are on the board or are willing to join the board. Once you have your group contact NetDoc and he will setup the new club forum and website if necessary. If there is not a sizeable group of divers in the area you will need to use the general North America forum. Does that answer your questions?

Yes! That anwers my questions! I had looked to find any information and had no luck. I will get to work on that!
Thanks!
Andrea

Tech Admin:
To start a new club you need to gather a group of 20-25 divers in the area who are on the board or are willing to join the board. Once you have your group contact NetDoc and he will setup the new club forum and website if necessary. If there is not a sizeable group of divers in the area you will need to use the general North America forum. Does that answer your questions?

Good point Walter! You are of course welcome to suggest a new club if there is enough interest but if not using an existing club is an ideal alternative (it may turn out that many users already use this club).

I actually do use PNW Orca Bait, and perhaps because I love what goes on SO MUCH in that forum I think the same could happen here in Vancouver. I've made lots of wonderful friends and gone for a few dives with them in the Seattle area.
PNW really applies to the PNW of the US. While I include Vancouver in that, I'm guessing that others from my area don't. I have never come across another Canadian in that forum who still lives in Canada.

Happy Diving!

You're also welcome to visit us in Florida.

I was once very active in another organization totally unrelated to diving. We had our North American organization divided into 30 districts. The PNW District included British Columbia, the Yukon, Alaska, Washington, Oregon, northern Idaho and northern California. I tend to think of that entire region when I hear PNW.

Hey thanks for the invite! :)

Guess PNW just depends who you ask. I've had pretty good response so far (see under Western Canada if you like).

Andrea

Walter:
You're also welcome to visit us in Florida.

I was once very active in another organization totally unrelated to diving. We had our North American organization divided into 30 districts. The PNW District included British Columbia, the Yukon, Alaska, Washington, Oregon, northern Idaho and northern California. I tend to think of that entire region when I hear PNW.

I have 20 OFFICIAL members! :)

Andrea

Tech Admin:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom